Need to replace posi and gears , auburn type in there now

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
but is busted . What should I put in ? Another auburn or clutch type ? Or would a locker be a good choice for the street . 70% highway , 25% city and 5% track time . About 10,000 mile a summer , stored over winter .
Don't want to spend more than $1500.00 .
Thanks

I like the lockers. The detroit is the best. If you store over the winter and do not drive on ice and snow, a locker would be great.

An Eaton clutch type is like $380 new and was the original vendor for the clutch types ma Mopar put in our cars back when they were new. I like them cause they are tight and smooth.

Went with clutch type , wish it were still $380.00 . It has to be shipped from BC , seems not many places keep these units in stock . Was going for Auburn set up , but from what I have read here , and what I remember back in the day clutch is better , locker even better but not available in the time frame . Car is on the lift so time is critical . Plus it goes into stoarge in 2 weeks

put it in storage and get the parts together for the build next spring. do it right the first time and forget about it.

Well the brand new clutch type posi is in , and it is tight , going around turns at low speed is interesting . Any how it's not a locker , but next best thing . For the amount of driving 70% highway 20% city 5% track I think it's the right choice .Was not cheap , nothing new up here is .
Was expecting to drive a bit this week to break in new motor and diff , but snow is here ! off to storage .

-
Back