Need Tranny Crossmember Measures

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the measurements for the v8 tranny crossmember? I need the overall length, and the measurements of the mounting holes on both sides.
I have a 63-66 torsion x-member and I wanna try to graft it in to the piece missing in my 69.

Can anyone give me the measurements for the v8 tranny crossmember? I need the overall length, and the measurements of the mounting holes on both sides.
I have a 63-66 torsion x-member and I wanna try to graft it in to the piece missing in my 69.

Which measurements do you need, the 69 or the 63-66??? I have the 69.

Treblig

I need the 69 measurements. The ones I need the most is the measurement between the trans x-member bolt holes on the driver's side and between the inner bolt holes.
I have a small section of the brace missing from my car, where someone cut out the tunnel for a 4-speed. I wanna try to graft in the 66 brace I have. I hate it when people use a sawzall and don't know what they're doing!

I need the 69 measurements. The ones I need the most is the measurement between the trans x-member bolt holes on the driver's side and between the inner bolt holes.
I have a small section of the brace missing from my car, where someone cut out the tunnel for a 4-speed. I wanna try to graft in the 66 brace I have. I hate it when people use a sawzall and don't know what they're doing!

I have a lower cross member sitting on the shelf . So you want the measurement between the two bolts on the drivers' side? then you also want the measurement between the inner bolt (the bolts on the inside, on either side of the transmission)?

Gil

If you need a piece of a later crossmember, I would gladly cut you out the section you need! Not sure if the early and later hump and crossmember is the same or not!!

Is this what you need??

treblig

Attachments

• DSC03552.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC03553.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC03554.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC03555.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC03556.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC03557.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03558.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 98
That's what I need. Thanks
I might take u up on the the piece of crossmember. I'd rather use the right piece than try to make up something.

That's what I need. Thanks
I might take u up on the the piece of crossmember. I'd rather use the right piece than try to make up something.

Just remember that I put the one inch mark in the middle of the hole so make sure you subtract one inch from the total measurement. Example - first two holes on driver's side would be approx. 3 1/2" C to C. If you use the very end of the tape to measure from it's harder to get it in the center of the hole.
Let me know if you need the cross member.

Treblig

-
Back