Need urgent help on my Slant Six (throttle cable setup)

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi all

Im having trouble finding the correct setup for my RHD Dodge Dart Slant Six.

Can someone please take a closeup picture and measure the Rod pictured in this diagram below, item number 14-11-9, so I can fabricate something that will work on my car.

66_VL1_RHD_Linkage.png

If your LHD Slant six is equipped with A/C, yours should be using throttle cable and very similar to the setup ive shown above.

Thanks again.

Syed
Malaysia

That looks like a kickdown linkage. Lokar and Buchillon Performance make a cable-type linkage in the event someone isn't able to give you the length of the rod. My '73 Dart has a cable operated throttle, but no rod like the one your diagram shows. I'll double check when the sun comes up as I have been wrong before.

That looks like a kickdown linkage. Lokar and Buchillon Performance make a cable-type linkage in the event someone isn't able to give you the length of the rod. My '73 Dart has a cable operated throttle, but no rod like the one your diagram shows. I'll double check when the sun comes up as I have been wrong before.

Ok thanks. will be waiting :)

On my '73 the rod is flat and not round. It measured 6 1/2" with a 2" slot in one end. (1 barrel

My '72 with a 2 barrel measure 7 1/4" with a curved 2" slot in one end.

The rest of the brackets look the same as the diagram except my rod is a flat bar.

I see in your diagram there are two rods labeled 14-11-9....I measured the upper ones...near the carb. The shorter one.

On my '73 the rod is flat and not round. It measured 6 1/2" with a 2" slot in one end. (1 barrel

My '72 with a 2 barrel measure 7 1/4" with a curved 2" slot in one end.

The rest of the brackets look the same as the diagram except my rod is a flat bar.

I see in your diagram there are two rods labeled 14-11-9....I measured the upper ones...near the carb. The shorter one.

Will try and see what I can do :)

Although I dont know how different the measurements would be as yours is a '73 with a Holley 1945 (I think) and mine should be Holley 1920.

Thanks.

Syed

Did you notice on your diagram the two rods labeled 14-11-9?

Which rod do you need the measurement of? Upper short one or lower long one?

-
Back