Neighbor from FCBO

-
Reaction score
Here for the tech and knowledge as well as being able to find some much needed parts!

I’m 21 from Southern California (near Santa Barbara.) Grew up around lots of old cars but never any Mopars. Lots of Lowriders and Kustoms where I am from. At 18 I purchased my first car - a 1968 Chrysler New Yorker 2DR HT. It came from Tom Merkel’s Cuyama Car Garden, where it’d been sitting nearly 40 years.

FA835899-1D4C-4B6F-9BD2-FECF9E91D570.jpeg

It’s been a huge undertaking getting the New Yorker ready. I’ve done a WHOLE lot of work on the car. At this point it is basically restored. Everything from a fully detailed frame, rebuilt suspension w/ custom tubular A arms, 1972 C Body disc brake swap, rebuilt motor + trans, rebuilt dashboard etc etc… I went all out. I left the exterior all original. It’s scorch red (PP1) and wears an awesome patina. I am going to wet sand, buff and polish it to a nice shine and spray a semi gloss clear to preserve the paint! Everything is there, now I just have to put it all together. Here’s the car in its current state…

FA89ED4E-F907-41A4-880F-99E535653414.jpeg

6C33CEAF-53C1-45D8-A318-DA308BD3F687.jpeg

70396660-D014-4C35-A90F-8911E0BB34F5.jpeg

Despite this, I always told myself I’d never sell the car unless… I could sell it and get my dream car - a 1962 Chrysler 300. You can only guess what happened LOL.

92B6C982-8655-4D18-910D-D34733FD7179.jpeg

So no, I haven’t sold the New Yorker yet, buuuut for space and to recoup my $$$ spent on the 300 it’s going to have to go. So hey, anyone want a basically new New Yorker?

Anyways, thanks for having me! Figured I’d make this post as I’ve been asking around for parts but not much for me to be said on here. Yes, I’m a real person and not a scam bot lol. Mopar or NO car!

Welcome to FABO from western NY! Great taste in vehicles I might add. Be sure to post in "Mopars for Sale" section to get more exposure.

Here for the tech and knowledge as well as being able to find some much needed parts!

I’m 21 from Southern California (near Santa Barbara.) Grew up around lots of old cars but never any Mopars. Lots of Lowriders and Kustoms where I am from. At 18 I purchased my first car - a 1968 Chrysler New Yorker 2DR HT. It came from Tom Merkel’s Cuyama Car Garden, where it’d been sitting nearly 40 years.

View attachment 1715997167

It’s been a huge undertaking getting the New Yorker ready. I’ve done a WHOLE lot of work on the car. At this point it is basically restored. Everything from a fully detailed frame, rebuilt suspension w/ custom tubular A arms, 1972 C Body disc brake swap, rebuilt motor + trans, rebuilt dashboard etc etc… I went all out. I left the exterior all original. It’s scorch red (PP1) and wears an awesome patina. I am going to wet sand, buff and polish it to a nice shine and spray a semi gloss clear to preserve the paint! Everything is there, now I just have to put it all together. Here’s the car in its current state…

View attachment 1715997170

View attachment 1715997169

View attachment 1715997168

Despite this, I always told myself I’d never sell the car unless… I could sell it and get my dream car - a 1962 Chrysler 300. You can only guess what happened LOL.

View attachment 1715997166

So no, I haven’t sold the New Yorker yet, buuuut for space and to recoup my $$$ spent on the 300 it’s going to have to go. So hey, anyone want a basically new New Yorker?

Anyways, thanks for having me! Figured I’d make this post as I’ve been asking around for parts but not much for me to be said on here. Yes, I’m a real person and not a scam bot lol. Mopar or NO car!
Welcome! Hey, I know you!

-
Back