Neutral Safety Switch connection loose

-

GROGAB

Reaction score
After I got my Duster back from the exhaust shop I noticed that the neutral safety switch plug had come off. That is, the female plastic end had disconnected from the male prong side. Anyway, when I try to put them back together, the connection does not seem very secure. I push it on as hard as I can but I can still twist it left to right. Then it falls off. I never took it apart myself so I'm not sure how secure the connection should be. Do these connections wear out? Is that a common issue? I have by passed the switch for now but I would like to get it back so it cannot be started when it's in gear. I have attached a photo of the type of unit I have.

384437698_1034805714374989_7986080459912921075_n.jpg

I've had a couple of plugs (can't remember the source offhand) that didn't fit the NSS very well (or is it the available NSSs don't fit the plug? Chicken or the egg...), even when new. My redneck solution? A half dozen wraps of electrical tape around the body of the NSS- the plug presses on snug now and has stayed for a pretty long time, although I still check it now and then...

last time I fought that I just upgraded switch and connector to the newer style…

-
Back