Neutral Safety Switch swap?

-

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Hello Folks, I have a 68 727 for my 383 Scamp swap. Naturally, being a 1975 Scamp, it has the three prong switch plug. I've read opinions about just using a three prong NSS on the 68 Trans and plug into the Scamp's harness and all's well.

But, Isn't the "Rooster comb" different as well as the valve body 1968 and back, and 1969 and forward?

What do you guys know? Thanks!

I think it registers Park and neutral the same.

68 back doesn’t have the plastic on the linkage. Even some 69 and 70 don’t. 71 up has the plastic. If u use the 3 prong on the 68 tranny the back up lights will be on in drive also. Kim

68 back doesn’t have the plastic on the linkage. Even some 69 and 70 don’t. 71 up has the plastic. If u use the 3 prong on the 68 tranny the back up lights will be on in drive also. Kim

Good info. I have swapped lots of tranny parts but have not run into this as all my VB’s were 69.

Is it too crazy to wonder if the valve body from my 1975 904 (behind 225) could be swapped into my 68 727?

To the OP are you sure of what have?

Guess I should have said all the valve bodies I have used have no plastic rooster. They are all metal to my memory.

Honestly, I am just shifting my focus to the trans and engine compartment since the motor is done. I'll have to pull the pan and take a look-see!

U may be able to switch the rooster combs from 1 to the other. U can probably change the whole valve body. It won’t match the case perfectly but will still work. Kim

I am just a dumb ***. Detent Is metal and switch comb Is plastic, please forgive.

been drinking after another tough day.

Last edited:
-
Back