Neutral saftey on 1966 to gain backup lights? Resolved!

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the rebuilt 727 I installed in my D100 project is an early model. G2538334. It has a single pin neutral safety switch. I haven't pulled the pan but, I'm guessing the builder didn't swap the rooster comb or the VB. I was hoping to add backup lights when I rewire. I guess I'll have to add a switch to the shifter? The shifter is a Lokar which has a neutral switch on it. In my search, I couldn't determine if it can be used for backup. Any suggestions? Resolved! Here is how I did it. The single pin on the trans will work for the NSS as designed by ma Mopar. No modification to rooster comb, switch or VB. I'll just add the later starter relay. On the Lokar I adjusted the NSS opposite of the instructions. The switch now has continuity while in reverse and neutral. I'll add a relay so the amps won't pass through the switch. It has an open in P,D,2,1. I could modify the shifter comb to remove the short while in neutral but. who cares.

Last edited:
I can't say anything about the shifter cause I haven't used one but if you need a newer style rooster comb to swap into your VB I'm pretty I have one in the parts stock. Let me know if you need it. That and a new switch from O'Reilly's for about $10-12 will give you a backup light switch

I can't say anything about the shifter cause I haven't used one but if you need a newer style rooster comb to swap into your VB I'm pretty I have one in the parts stock. Let me know if you need it. That and a new switch from O'Reilly's for about $10-12 will give you a backup light switch

Will one out of a 904 work? I have /6 and v8.

-
Back