never thought I would drive one of these

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would drive one of these much less being in my garage for body work and paint. 2007 Porsche. Picked it up Friday night. It belongs to a friend of a friend we go to car shows with. It is a nice car but it isn't my cup of tea. Too cramped to drive. I will stick with my Mopars.

Attachments

• DSC08311.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC08312.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC08313.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC08317.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC08318.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 239
I think the germans make very nice, purposeful fast cars, but something is lacking. The italians make supercars that look and sound sexy.

I dont think anything sounds as sexy and soul stirring as a 5.0L lamborghini countach quattrovalvole V12 at full song upshifting thru the gears. Except maybe an uncorked big bore american V8, or high winding small block american V8.

i wouldnt complain, im stuck driving my moms cozycoup (toyoto aygo)

Variety is the spice of life.

Personally, I want to experience driving as many different models and brands as possible.

Driving a Bugatti Type 41 Royale Roadster, or a 1970 Maserati Bora, or my 68 Hemi Roadrunner, or a 1932 Ford Victoria are all equally exciting.

All cars are not created equally, and not all cars are meant to be driven they way you drive. Learning the differences is the wonderful part of the driving experience. You don't drive a 911 the same why you drive a Dart. You don't drive a Durant the same way you drive a Chrysler 200, and you don't drive Ferrari 308 GTS, the same way you drive a Caravan.

I've driven well over a thousand different vehicles in the last 50 years of my life on four continents, and there were very few that weren't enjoyable once you learned to use the car to meet the way it was designed. Whats more, you don't drive in Europe, or South America, or Asia, the same way you drive in the US, no matter what car you're driving.

Driving that 911 is a completely different experience from driving your Dart. One isn't "better" then the other, necessarily, but they are very different and require very different disciplines to be driven well. THAT'S WHERE TH FUN IS.

that is just about what it is, an upgraded overpriced Beetle.

My next door neighbor has a Turbo S. a 3.8-liter flat-six, twin variable-vane turbochargers that run 17.4 psi and comes standard with the Sport Chrono package, and output surges to 560 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque (553 lb-ft in overboost mode). Zero-to-60 mph 2.9 seconds

17/24 mpg city/highway

On Par competition: The Audi R8 V10, the stupid fast Nissan GT-R and the BMW M6 Coupe.

No, it is not an upgraded overpriced Beetle, by any stretch of the imagination.

-
Back