new 2 barrel carburetor for my 318

-

lostxixcali

Reaction score
hey i currently have 1 one barrel wanna upgrade to a 2 barrel i saw holley put these new ones ones out and thinking of getting them what do you guys think or advise.

Holley Aluminum Ultra HP 2-Barrel Carburetors 0-4412BK

How do you have a 1-barrel on a 318? I thought the only engines that would come with a single barrel were industrial engines.

Well anyway, providing you have an intake in place that will accept a 2bbl, your choices are in order of most common:

1. Carter BBD. Factory carb for a lot of years. The early ones are more simple, but they can all wear out the throttle shaft. Has a brass float which is a good thing.

2. Holley 2280. Started out as a replacement for the BBD, then Chrysler used them as factory equipment when Carter begin getting out of the carb business. They have a nitrophyl float and I've seen them have problems with the float getting hung on the sidewall of the carb.

3. Rochester 2GV. Yes, Mopar did use these for 1 year(1971)so they aren't common, and the other versions of the 2G don't fit. Nice, durable, easy to rebuild carb.

4. Assorted Strombergs, non-oem Holley carbs, Webers, etc. You are on your own with these.

thanks

How do you have a 1-barrel on a 318? I thought the only engines that would come with a single barrel were industrial engines.

Well anyway, providing you have an intake in place that will accept a 2bbl, your choices are in order of most common:

1. Carter BBD. Factory carb for a lot of years. The early ones are more simple, but they can all wear out the throttle shaft. Has a brass float which is a good thing.

2. Holley 2280. Started out as a replacement for the BBD, then Chrysler used them as factory equipment when Carter begin getting out of the carb business. They have a nitrophyl float and I've seen them have problems with the float getting hung on the sidewall of the carb.

3. Rochester 2GV. Yes, Mopar did use these for 1 year(1971)so they aren't common, and the other versions of the 2G don't fit. Nice, durable, easy to rebuild carb.

4. Assorted Strombergs, non-oem Holley carbs, Webers, etc. You are on your own with these.

holley 2300 has a 300 cfm and a 500 cfm.i had one and it ran good.kind of on the pricey side though

-
Back