New 20 ton HF press

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
So, as hesitant as I've been about buying a press, I broke down and baught the HF 20 ton today. Used the 20% discount you can print off their site, picked it up for $160 plus tax.

I set it up this afternoon, it was a breeze. Wanting some action, I pressed some wheel bearing races out and pressed some bearing in. Super smooth...

DSCN1051_zpse5df3995.jpg

I'm glad I did it, I love this thing! Hell yeah! :blob:

Now that makes a LOTTA **** A helluva lot easier!! Nice, I want one, but gonna need to build an addition to the garage....or a doghouse

Yep, I did my research on here and some other sites and the general opinion was that the 15ton was garbage and the 20ton was good enough to do most any shadetree mechanic work. I bought mine in May and it's already paid for itself.

Thanks, guys. I figured I'd skip the regret, and possible widowmaking possibilities of buying the 12 ton press. Metal under pressure can be a atomic bomb. $56 difference isn't worth a limb, eye or internal injuries.

This thing is rock solid. Only thing I'd change are the arbor plates, heard at full force you could shatter one, but it's not likely. Can't wait to press my UCA offset bushings and 42RH overdrive section spring with it. Like buttah.

i have the same one. nice piece for the price. I use it more than i thought i would.

Nice! Just make sure you always let ram all the way up after every use to keep the corrosion off and seals in good shape and it should last you a long time. I may pick one up myself at that price. It cost me 120 bucks to get the tone rings and bearings pressed off my old Jeep rear axles and on to the new ones.

I wanted that one, but all they had in stock was that little a-frame one. Didn't even budge the race i was working on. ended up buying the whole assy from a junk yard, taking this dumper back and getting the 20 ton.

Harbor Freight always has sales in the magazines and if you get a flyer
mailed to you. I got a 20% off coupon to use on any one item. You can
save even more.

-
Back