New 5.7 harland sharp rockers

-

swifter

Reaction score
A little bird told me that on a dyno run they broke apart and gernaded a motor--Anyone hear this?????

News to me. I thought Harland Sharp had a pretty good rep, but I've never used them.

I also thought they were the only people who made a truly adjustable and relatively affordable rocker.

Did Jesel ever actually start shipping their ridiculously expensive (considering the setup it couldn't help but be pricey) product they debuted at Sema a few years back?

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Not sure what kind of set-up they were running, but I can tell you that I've got their Adjustable set-up on my 5.7. They bolted on with no clearance issues, and have seen 8000 rpm with a solid roller cam. They definitley put alot of effort into the design as they do with all of their stuff.
My valve springs have about 550 pounds of open pressure, and I'm getting ready to change the springs to get 850 pounds of open pressure. This will definitley put them to the test! I have run Harland Sharps on my small block for 11 years now with THOUSANDS of passes with no failures. I can assure you that these rockers are high quality.

Eddie Bolton

Ok Eddie what was the price you paid for them????? Where did the solid roller cam come from ???? Thanks Steve

X2

Bolton,

That sounds like a butt kicker of a motor. Details please. I have this dream of a N/A 600 HP 6.1L Hemi with a stock bore and stroke. That works out to 1.6 HP per cubic inch. Clearly doable in an all out race motor, can it be done in a street trim?

Swifter,

Here's the brochure for the Harland Sharp rockers. Hope your wallets fat. ;)

http://www.harlandsharp.com/hemi.htm

Regards,

Joe Dokes

There isn't a rocker in the world worth that kind of coin. Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen a stock rocker fail??

Steve- The rockers retail for 1800.00. I took the risk of being a "guinea pig" and agreed to give them educated feedback so I paid dealer cost on them. These thing are a work of art, and they put in countless hours of R+D to get these things to bolt on the stock head and clear all of the valvetrain an valve covers with no modifications. The only other option for an adjustable set up is from Jesel at a price of 4500.00 + machining to the heads. These are a work of art also, and open up alot more valve spring options. However, once you machine the heads, they can only be used with their rocker set-up. Comp Cams grinds solid rollers for these motors. My cam has .696 lift on the intake and 285 degrees of duration at .050 . The engine really starts making power around 6500 rpm. I need to shift this thing at 8000+ rpm and my valve spring aren't safe above that point--thats why I'll be changing to a stronger spring. The engine is in my 67 Cuda Fastback and I'll be running SuperStock with it once I get all the bugs worked out. I need to loosen the converter up ALOT, and play with the ignition setup.

5.7 Hemi- If you run a solid roller, you pretty much have to run an adjustable rocker. It would have been cheaper and easier for me to run the hydraulic roller set-up, but I wanted to try to do something different and push the limits. The Drag Pak cars are making tremendous power with the Hyd roller and stock rockers, but like I said I wanted to be different. I decided to throw a carb on it and stick a solid roller in it. These engines have the potential to make HUGE power with a small displacement but NOTHING is cheap when you build an engine for high RPM.

Eddie Bolton

Which company do want a link to?

Eddie Bolton

I know all about the Jezels.. I wanted a link to what your running? The only other rocker arms I know of are Arringtions (shophemi.com) I wanted to do something different for my supercharged 6.1 hemi b/c I'm wanting to spin it up to or past 7000.

Jason

-
Back