New 67 dart

-

HemiD@rt

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm picking up a 1967 Dodge Dart tomorrow morning. Super excited to get to work on it! I am planning on dropping in my blown/stroked eagle 5.7 hemi into it. Also planning on a built 727 trans to get the power to the wheels.

pics up tomorrow!

Sounds like a great project. Looking forward to the pics.

What are you doing for engine management on the Eagle?

Sounds like a great project. Looking forward to the pics.

What are you doing for engine management on the Eagle?

We are going to do OEM wiring harness/pcm. We are going to have the trans programed out.

The engine combo in my truck is putting 520rwhp and 545rwtq down through the RFE545(which I have broken a few). I know the 727 can be built super strong but not sure if it is any better on the drive train loss?

What specific ECM are you running? Can you post some details on your engine combo? I'm curious because I have an 09 5.7 eagle that will be going into my Coronet next year.

Hey chris. Glad to see you made it here. I can't wait to tear into that car. You gotta bring it by on saterday. I need motivation for my duster.

Hey chris. Glad to see you made it here. I can't wait to tear into that car. You gotta bring it by on saterday. I need motivation for my duster.

Yes sir. Can't make it out Saturday but I'm good with Sunday if you are.

Here are a couple shots of the dart

545F8C18-E1E3-4D39-81D5-9C32614BEC5A-15248-0000112A68A1E2B2.jpg

034F6F0D-6C9B-466E-AE9A-BEE220D52363-15248-0000112A61E543B9.jpg

What specific ECM are you running? Can you post some details on your engine combo? I'm curious because I have an 09 5.7 eagle that will be going into my Coronet next year.

His engine is a 09 5.7 stroked out to a 6.1 all forged internals, running a magnison blower, with the smallest pulley pushing 11psi. The motor was built with the blower in mind, and pushed his 09 crew cab ram to a 12.2 in the 1/4. The truck is aprox 5800 pounds. Should make for a monster in the dart. We will use a factory 09 ram PCM, send it to B&G (or maybe hotwire) to remove the trans functions.

Shouldn't there be more to the tire with the blower on it???? My stroked 5.7 puts 518 to the tire with the cut-outs closed and with a carb,What is he running for boost????--Steve

Shouldn't there be more to the tire with the blower on it???? My stroked 5.7 puts 518 to the tire with the cut-outs closed and with a carb,What is he running for boost????--Steve

What is yours stroked to? Mine is only stroked to 370ci. Plus that was put down through the rfe545 with a converter on it's way down the drain...

Yeah the, 545 trans runs at 28% driveline loss. What is a 727 for driveline losses? About 12% or so I think. But o may be wrong.

I'm curious about a couple things. Do you know what bore and stroke you have now? The stroke is the same for the 5.7 and 6.1, so they stroked it and probably just cleaned up the bore?

Also, are you doing anything with the VVT once in the Dart?
Thanks for any info you can provide...

I'm not sure on the bore and stroke, but it's very mild on the bore. And the displacement is from the stroke. As we wanted maximum cyl wall thickness. And the stroke was added because if your replacing the crank you might as well grab a few more cubes. The motor was built with large boost numbers in mind, but also durability ofer the long haul. (as it was intended for a daily driver)

On the VVT. It will be retained. The car will be running on a factory PCM. And because of this it should not be an issue.

Yeah, that all sounds good. Probably the Scat 3.795 crank. Should be a pretty cool car when done. Be careful, as the timing chains on the VVT engines have been known to break. It's a very small chain. You may want to check in with Dave Weber at Modern Muscle Performance Group. They have some type of "lock out" kit for the VVT engines and I think they replace the weak chain. Not positive on that. Love those Darts! It's going to be bad ***...

-
Back