New 71 Dart Owner!!!

-

Fast71Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up?

Took me awhile to find a forum for my dart lol
lets see i had a built 95 neon and traded it for a 87 mercedes benz 190e 2.3 16v...and blew up the rear end on that and sold it. I was looking for another neon or older kz 900 or 1000. My daily driver is a 91 Jeep Cherokee with a 4.5 lift on 31's
well....
I knew my uncles friend had this car for awhile and been wanting to sell it (well kinda) but just not to anyone he paid $1100 a couple years ago and i ended up picking this project Dart up for $500....
he repaird the floors i dunno how well though...have yet to see it out of a dark garage....he did the rear quarters but there is ALOT of bondo on both sides and a long gash on the passenger rear quater. Oh and he cut the rear fenders higher, think they call it super stock style? when i get new rear quaters i dunno if i want to keep that look or not.

Almost everything to be replaced
He put newer rear end, and had the leafs redone and newer rims and tires

its a automatic 360....with v8 k member
i dunno if i still want a column shift, floor, or a 4spd
Bench or buckets

I dunno but i have LONG ways to go...

These are off my phone....
07172008221.jpg

07172008222.jpg

07172008223.jpg

07172008216.jpg

07172008217.jpg

07172008218.jpg

Looks like a good starting point. I agree the 1/4s look like poop. Cant stand that look. FYI 68 Hemi Darts were done like that from the factory for tire clearance.

Welcome! Looks like it will need some work but it is a very solid looking car to start with. Good luck with the build up and be shur to keep us posted on how it is going. Glad to have you here.

Welcome Fast71Dart.
Glad you found this great site, We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some real good folks ready to help.
You have a little sweetie there to keep thing going.
Congat's and keep us updated

Welcome, I think you may have found a gem in disguise. Looks pretty solid and With the right touches and hard work I think you will have a car to cherish!!

Yea shes my 2 year old gear head...the other is about to be 4 and shes the girly girl of the 2 lol.

Yea thanks guys...it is going to be alot of work...*sigh* lol

should i keep it the same color?
lol

-
Back