new 727 & converter; stumped

-

green1

Reaction score
New turbo Action tranny and 3000 10" converter. Got the car running on stands, shifted through gears, added fluid until full.
It still has open headers, as we drove it to the next stall. Idle on the Dvorack 440 is 750 to 800, but seems to take a lot of throttle to get it moving (you can roll it with one hand). Owner said it felt like it was chattering.
Any clues?, until we can talk to Forte Monday?

New turbo Action tranny and 3000 10" converter. Got the car running on stands, shifted through gears, added fluid until full.
It still has open headers, as we drove it to the next stall. Idle on the Dvorack 440 is 750 to 800, but seems to take a lot of throttle to get it moving (you can roll it with one hand). Owner said it felt like it was chattering.
Any clues?, until we can talk to Forte Monday?

it may take alot of throttle because of the stall in the vertor.

Yep compared to a stock converter it will take a lot more throttle to get it going ...prob felt like it was slipping too

I was thinking that the gears might have something to do with it but thought later that youre talking about before the car even starts to move.

Sounds like the converter is to big. Friend of mine installed a 3000 and it would whine up ... he later installed a 2500 and liked it better. His car was street drove only so he didn't need all that stall. That thing would go through some gas with that 3000 stall.

It sat for a week, we installed the exhaust, and it perfect. Think the owner was freaked out.

Yeah loud exhaust can mess up your thinking, look how many folks think their cars are fast cause it sounds "bad".

I got a tci 10 inch 3,000 stall and it will still creep at idle around 750 rpms.

Yeah these things burn up the fuel, only negative thing about them

-
Back