New 73 Duster

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
Hey guys, somewhat new to the site and seeking some advice. Have a 73 Duster and here are the specs:

360 .030 over
Speed Pro flat top pistons
69 X heads, light porting
11:1 compression
LD340 intake
MP .528 mech flat tappet cam
MP roller rockers
904 3000 stall, 8 3/4 3.55 gears w/ a sure-grip
750 holley
Mopar electronic igntion, 4 pin ballast
Headers and dual exhaust.

Idles good and choppy. Lots of power at WOT. Unsure of it's track time yet but it has a stumble at around 2-2500rpm. Live at 6500 ft and car came from 4900. Have a 600 edelbrock that I could throw on, is 600 a little small? Came off running and have the stock jetting for it.

Needs other fixes like the bushings, the pinion backlash needs to be tightened, alignment, other doo-dads. Tranny shifts pretty harsh, I may lower the line pressure or get another shift kit.

what does the plugs look like...lean or rich?
stock jetting at sea level is going to be too rich at 6500 ft...

adjust the idle mixture...

holley 750 double pumper or vacume secondaries..?

make sure the acelerator pump linkage is adjusted properly...if you move the throttle blades the pump squirts gas...

Where is the timing set?

the eddy 600 will work fine on it..as that is what i use on my 73 duster...

again..check the timing...

you will need to change jets and metering rods if it has stock jetting in it...

set the idle mixture...check the acelerator pump...

all carbs need to be tune and adjusted to each engine and big changes in elevation

Welcome to the site and post pictures when you can! There is a lot of help on this site and good luck with everything.

Timing is set at 19 initial @800-900rpm, 34 total. Plugs look ok, a little dark but they're a quality platinum plug. No vacuum can, all mechanical advance. I have an old msd 6a box I might throw on it and see what happens. I figuire I'd go a stage or so lean on the holley or enrichen the edelbrock. Never messed with a holley before.

-
Back