New 73 Valiant Owner,S.F. Bay Area

-

ibuzzard

Reaction score
My son just purchased a new(to him) A-body,a 73 Valiant.He's the 4th owner.It's a 4-door with a 318 motor, auto transmission,AC, and has just over 75,000 original miles.It's in very good condition,I encouraged him to buy it.I'll be trying to familiarize myself with the car,and will be doing some of the little small things it will need,and encouraging him to learn about his car as I am.

Would like help/advice in the following areas:

A. Need a factory,paper manual.Will get one on disc later.

B. Right hand wiper not functioning.I found a website with photos showing the commonly worn out plastic bushings for the control arm linkage.Where can I get them?Which section of the forum covers windshield wipers?

C. Finally,where can I get catalogs from the best vendors for this vehicle?

Thanks,looking forward to being on the site,and meeting others.

Steve

Welcome to the site. Always nice to here about father and son projects. Good luck on the build.

My son just purchased a new(to him) A-body,a 73 Valiant.He's the 4th owner.It's a 4-door with a 318 motor, auto transmission,AC, and has just over 75,000 original miles.

Sounds like a great find! Get the three books described in this thread as quickly as you can.

B. Right hand wiper not functioning.I found a website with photos showing the commonly worn out plastic bushings for the control arm linkage.Where can I get them?

Virtually any auto parts store can get 'em in for you. I like to get the genuine factory ones, which seem to be made of a better grade of plastic than most of the aftermarket ones. Part number is 3799 089.

C. Finally,where can I get catalogs from the best vendors for this vehicle?

See here.

Thanks,guys.Dan,thanks for the links.I'm gonna pester my son to get that factory manual for his new ride,as that's always the first purchase I make for any old car I buy.Also,I believe he's going to need the under hood water valve for the heater,his is not functioning correctly,he's having to operate it manually.We'll troubleshoot it tomorrow.Is it available,either reproduction or through the dealership?If so,can you point me in the right direction?What will it cost?Thanks,Steve.

Thanks,guys.Dan,thanks for the links.I'm gonna pester my son to get that factory manual for his new ride,as that's always the first purchase I make for any old car I buy.Also,I believe he's going to need the under hood water valve for the heater,his is not functioning correctly,he's having to operate it manually.We'll troubleshoot it tomorrow.Is it available,either reproduction or through the dealership?If so,can you point me in the right direction?What will it cost?Thanks,Steve.

Welcome to FABO. I just bought a heater control valve for my '75 from Advance Auto for $13. Mine is vacuum operated and it's p/n 5652820.

I just looked it up for a 318 car and it's p/n 74690. $28.99 but the valve for a '75 will work just the same.

-
Back