New Addition To The Fleet,...Mrs. Jaimus's New Ride

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
So We finally found the truck I want/need,...like I needed another to add to the Fleet,....

(my name is jaimus and I'm an addict)...

It's Pam's till spring. She'll get a City/Pretty Ram truck then.

So, being as I'm a lot more particular than she, ...And this is pretty much exactly what I want,...And the price was right,...And the Pontiac trani was actin up and It lost It's heat (again),...And Pam wanted a second 4WD for the winter,...And we are both tired of crawlin off the ground to get out of the same said Pontiac,...And Dodge (unfortunatly) does not make a truck I want anymore,...

It's an 05 GMC 2500HD, 4WD, Long Bed, 6.0 5 speed, Extended Cab,....Was built in Colorado for Towing,...Got limited slip w/4.10's in the back, sliding rear window, Driving Lights, Power windows, Locks, and Heated (manual) Mirrors,...

Got a ton of Lo-End grunt,...1st gear is useless on the street,...Suicide doors are perfect for me, and a vinyl interior,.....Perfect.

View attachment sept oct 2013 023.jpg

View attachment sept oct 2013 025.jpg

View attachment sept oct 2013 029.jpg

View attachment sept oct 2013 027.jpg

I think you're going to find that the truck is everything you need, and more. I read all the horror stories on the Ford and MoPar sites regarding the LS engine, but, I can honestly say that I've owned one for 13 years, and a second for nearly 6 years and i have not experienced one iota of the nightmares that have been claimed by the brand zealots.

I have 2 GM trucks with LS engines, one (a 2000 Silverado) has 260,000 miles on it, and the only repair in 13 years was a planetary gear at 255,000 miles, and an A/C Compressor at about 200,000 miles. The other (2008 Sierra) has 105,000 and the only repair it's had was a door lock actuator and a U-joint.

They are both work horses (used for the business) and I am seriously considering a new one, but will probably keep the two I have.

Best of luck with your new GMC, I think you're going to be very happy with it.

If this truck is like the ones around here with that drivetrain you and your fuel supplier are going to be best bud's.

my brother has almost the same truck and gets really bad gas milage with, great for towing

My 4.8L Chevy get's 16-17 around town, and 20-22 mpg, (all day long) on the interstate.
The GMC gets 15-16 around town, and 18-20 on the highway.
My old 6.0L 2005 GMC made 14 city and 17 hwy.

My 2 diesel Rams top 20-22 on the interstate.

A lot of mpg is in the way you drive it, too. The HD's have 4.10 gears out back, they are known to be mpg killers, but towing is a cinch with them.

Well, I didn't buy it to just cruise,...I bought It cause It was a 4WD stick, and I've already hauled 2 cords of wood,(4 loads),...a junkyard run and a basement cleanout,...It likes work.

Great truck , I have a 09 2500HD 6.0 litre 6 speed auto 410 gears it a long box truck , It is not a econo box but it will pull a stump . My wife and I left home with my Harley Ultra Classic in the box with enough stuff for the winter in Texas . It has averaged 15 mpg all freeway at limit plus a few miles per hour . I would not trade it for a couple mpg as when I need a real truck it is in the drive . I'm sure your truck will be great addition to your fleet. Cheers Bob.

Well, I didn't buy it to just cruise,...I bought It cause It was a 4WD stick, and I've already hauled 2 cords of wood,(4 loads),...a junkyard run and a basement cleanout,...It likes work.

The right truck to suit the job. :thumbup:

Great truck , I have a 09 2500HD 6.0 litre 6 speed auto 410 gears it a long box truck , It is not a econo box but it will pull a stump . My wife and I left home with my Harley Ultra Classic in the box with enough stuff for the winter in Texas . It has averaged 15 mpg all freeway at limit plus a few miles per hour . I would not trade it for a couple mpg as when I need a real truck it is in the drive . I'm sure your truck will be great addition to your fleet. Cheers Bob.

You're right, it's not an econo-box, and it's not meant to be. It's a truck built for the purpose of working, hauling, pulling, and it does what it is designed to do very well.

Wow good lookin truck, and looks like it was kept in nice shape. Truck that fits your needs, and its a stick shift too !!!!! Awesome. Great find. Good luck w your new ride.

-
Back