New Approach to Stick Shift Clutch Tuning

-
Lol submit to peer pressure and race your car dammit
After drag racing for a few years honestly I find it kinda boring... Waiting an hour in the blazing heat for an 11 second pass...
8 or so passes and not even a minute and a half racing all day...
I've found through trial and error that I like much more horsepower to weight and play all day long...
20170106_135223-1-1.jpg

After drag racing for a few years honestly I find it kinda boring... Waiting an hour in the blazing heat for an 11 second pass...
8 or so passes and not even a minute and a half racing all day...
I've found through trial and error that I like much more horsepower to weight and play all day long...
View attachment 1715850086

We do that at work once in awhile when the weather is good and the sno-cat isnt needed for whatever job needs to be done.

You can't put your ski doo in the summer mate. Nice sled btw!

Come down and do a no prep event with me and tell me how boring it was.

We do that at work once in awhile when the weather is good and the sno-cat isnt needed for whatever job needs to be done.

do you mostly grudge race ?

Ski doo.... ARCTIC CAT!!... and thank you..
For the last year or so I've been enjoying my world formula go kart I built.. For $40 I can race elbow to elbow with my friends from sun up to sun down... If you're not familiar these aren't yard karts LOL... We take them to PIR and they do an excess of 100 miles an hour...
IMG_20210120_142800.jpg

For the last year or so I've been enjoying my world formula go kart I built.. For $40 I can race elbow to elbow with my friends from sun up to sun down... If you're not familiar these aren't yard karts LOL... We take them to PIR and they do an excess of 100 miles an hour...
View attachment 1715850200
When are you getting a plane or hang glider? race dirt bikes? run a marathon ?

View attachment 1715850200
And that low to the ground, it feels like 200 mph.:D

j par will get bored of that toy as well...........when he feels the need, the need for.....Speed? And add, a nos purge line. with a blue light on that cart.:poke::lol:

When are you getting a plane or hang glider? race dirt bikes? run a marathon ?
Boy do I regret selling my dirt bike... Always The curse of My Life when I have one my friends don't and when I don't have one my friends do.... What time does just I can't get anybody to go... With the go-kart there's always somebody there...
IMG_20180629_122742.jpg

It was a pure shame what I gave this bike away for... As you can see on the ground Jersey helmet boots all the lubricants brand new tires new shocks everything serviced and taken care of perfect ran perfect... I could have got three times that nowadays.. from my picture archives it looks like I sold it in the summer of 18..

Drag racing muscle cars ftw.

If I lived near PIR I'd be running SCCA vintage events too.

On topic...one cool aspect of about the clutch tamer combined with n20 is that it works better the higher RPM you launch the car, or at least in my case. The system works good enough that I am anxious to ad more power this spring.

Last edited:
Drag racing muscle cars ftw.

If I lived near PIR I'd be running SCCA vintage events too.

On topic...one cool aspect of about the clutch tamer combined with n20 is that it works better the higher RPM you launch the car, or at least in my case. The system works good enough that I am anxious to ad more power this spring.

Nitrous typically delivers a fixed shot regardless of rpm. 200hp @ 3000rpm adds about 350ftlbs, while 200hp @ 6500 is only 161ftlbs. On my personal no-prep I delay the nitrous so that it doesn't come in on top of the initial inertia draw, but rather on it's heels. Initial inertia draw plants the tires, then nitrous comes in after that initial draw to keep them planted. Pretty seamless when timed correctly.

Grant

Nitrous typically delivers a fixed shot regardless of rpm. 200hp @ 3000rpm adds about 350ftlbs, while 200hp @ 6500 is only 161ftlbs. On my personal no-prep I delay the nitrous so that it doesn't come in on top of the initial inertia draw, but rather on it's heels. Initial inertia draw plants the tires, then nitrous comes in after that initial draw to keep them planted. Pretty seamless when timed correctly.

Grant

Right..however the overall effect of launching at a higher rpm is what it is. The car acts totally different with 320whp than 500. The only way i can add more power is n20 in this case. On my NOS mini progressive I have the delay set at .2 sec and the progtessive coming in at 80% for .2 sec. The start delay can be tricky with a flash light start depending on the human running the light. Inexperiened starters tend to burn you down. .2 sec is a small window.

Grant...come to Medford for no prep!

tech card is on me

Sounds like a fun time for the tech guy, my car doesn't even have a roll bar!

Grant

Up here at Rockport International Raceway- no floor mat on the driver's side, 2 throttle return springs, and most of your lug nuts! In the summer you might have to wait for a break in traffic.

Grant

-
Back