New art

-

brewil

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just competed some new portraits. 2 charcoal self portraits (4 feet each) and a portrait of a friend of mine (5 feet) which was entered into this years AUD150000 Moran Art Prize in Australia but unfortunately was not selected as a finalist.

Let me know what you think. Good and bad...

apologies for the black borders on some of the pics

Thanks,

Brett

Jen1.jpg

It is very hard to draw/paint a figure with such extreme perspective. Nice work.

P.S. The girl is much better looking.

Wow thanks guys!!

I was told recently that my work is too dark in colour and subject, it is mainly targeted at art collectors so the subject and colours shouldn't be an issue but the comment still irked me. Thanks very much for the feedback!!!!

I was or some say I can still draw, and can still do it, Mainly old bobwire fence scenery picture's brewil, Your art work hit's a much higher level , That is some outstanding work you have dun :cheers:, I never could do portrait art, mainly tree's and nature, I give your art 5 stares :happy10::happy10:

Thank you for sharing.
Very nice work you have dun =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Thanks MEMIKE!!!! Wow I wish I could do nature, I really want to try but Im not sure if my style would work it well. I really enjoy people and try for that drop of the social mask, like a vulnerability they have when they are alone. Maybe not these 3 above but previous work. If only my acting came as easily!

-
Back