New B with 71 Scamp

-

dcdriver

Reaction score
I've heard about this forum thru the 62-65 mailing list.Was gonna bring a 63 Polara 500 back but just bought a 71 Scamp in great condition with just a bit over 55,000 miles.Made it much easier to do what I wanted to.Near future will see disc brakes,8 3/4 rear-end,and best off a 380HP crate motor that's sitting in my garage.I've been a die-hard MOPAR fan since 1969 when I got back from Viet-Nam and bought my first MOPAR.A 1969 Dodge Super Bee 383 Mag,4 spd that got me hooked.I know own a 1996 INDY Ram,1999 Durango,2012 HEMI Express RAM and my latest a great looking lil 1971 Scamp.:newb:

Welcome to FABO! Another Scamp here is a good thing....
You'll love this site - a great bunch of guys and a couple gals.

Welcome. Another Scamp (72 vintage here),owner. The sight ,has some great vendors, resources, and talent.Make use of it.

Thanks everyone. This is my first A-body, so I have a lot to learn. I was going to bring back a 63 Polara 500 but I'm to damn old for that much work. I found this lil gem in South central Kansas.54,000 miles and in great condition . read that as NO RUST anywhere. :)Plans are to install my 380 HP 360 into it within this year. As far as I know she has a 904 with a 8 1/4 rear end and small bolt pattern { :-( } on the small bolt pattern. I would love to find an 8 3/4 for it and add 3:50 gear,or just leave the 8 1/4 in it and change the axles to big pattern. I figure from what I have read that the 904 will handle it with a lil work. Also wanna add disc brakes to the front and am curious what years will fit for that. I know 73 will work but how much newer can I go without having to change a lot of things. Thanks for the welcome guys and I'll try to figure out how to get pics up for you all.

Jim Topeka Ks

Welcome, post some pics when you get a chance.

The 8 1/4 is BBP, so if you have SBP you probably have a 7 1/4 in it. That won't hold up too long from any abuse from the 360.

OK big question here....Is the 7 1/4 3rd member like the 8 3/4 or is it a rear loader?? I've seen a couple pics on here that shows a rear loader and I know it isn't a Dana. The rear housing in mine looks like a 8 3/4 but I haven't been able to get under it yet to check numbers. Thanks for any info in advance guys.

Jim

What's it compare to on this chart?

38506564055_large.jpg

Count the bolt holes if you aren't sure.

-
Back