New best et's for sons cars.

-

383man

Reaction score
I seem to have trouble with the board and have been gone for a bit. I am sorry and wont let it happen again. But I have been busy as both my sons went to the track last week. My 63 Sport Fury is not done yet but I am building a 440 for it and hope to have it out late this summer. As for my sons cars:
I sold my 72 383 Dart to my 19 year old Ron Jr last year and my 16 year old Tim owns a 2003 SRT-4. Anyway we pulled the 383 and dropped a .030 over 400 (406) in my sons Dart. Its 10.25 comp with bone stock Eddy heads and the MP .557 cam. Iron Crane rockers and a 383 steel crank. I just swapped all the 383 stuff over to it (Performer RPM intake and 750 DP with the stock dist and orange MP box). It still has the 3.91's and the stock 727 with the TA manual v/b. We did drop a Dynamic 9.5 4200 flash convertor in it. I didn't even change the jets yet from what I used with the 383.
Tim's SRT-4 has a manual boost control and a 3" downpipe. Also an APG wastegate and stage 1.

Here is the old best et's:
Tim's SRT-4: 13.50 @ 106
Rons Dart with the 383: 12.31 @ 110

New best et's:
Tim's SRT-4: 12.88 @ 108.
Rons 406 Dart: 11.66 @ 116.

Both best et's are with me (the old man) driving. Tim is 16 and is still learning to shift the 5-speed. He did run 13.50 @ 107 but I ran in the 12's with the 12.88 best.

Ron Jr can drive that Dart ! Remember there is NO tach in the Dart. He ran 11.71 , 11.69 , 11.70 and then went sideways launching but still ran 11.75 on the old worn out G60-15 McCreary's. I made one pass and ran 11.66. :mrgreen: There is much more in the Dart and we plan to go after a 10 second pass over the next 2 years. It now needs a single plane intake and more carb. It will also get more gear real soon (4.30's) as that short stroke 400 likes to rev but it will stay a true street car. No cutting or tubbing on this car. We can fit a 28 x 9 slick in that stock wheelwell so thats what we plan to use next. I already got my hands on an 850 DP today and we plan to get a TM6 intake.
Tim's SRT- was left like when I ran 13.50's but this time it had drag radials instead of street tires. I think I can get 12.50's out of it with more seat time as its tricky launching that thing !

Hope I did not bore you all to much. Thanks , Ron

Ron Jr making some smoke. Ron

92435809.jpg

The McCreary's on the Dart are a treaded street tire. They are worn out but hooked pretty good on some runs. Best 60 ft was a 1.66. Ron

92435740.jpg

Real nice job, Ron. Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?

Just curious, did you desktop dyno the Dart combo, and if so, how close did you actually come to the predictions?

Thanks. Na no desk top dyno. It just happen to be a combanation of parts we had around and then Ron Jr bought the Eddy's at the last minute. To be honest I guessed 11.50's for it and my brother guessed 11.80's. We both feel the motor has low 11's in it with the right combo and some tuning time. I already got my hands on an 850 yesterday to replace the 750 and we will be buying a single plane TM6 soon to replace the dual plane intake. And then some 4.30 gears and slicks and we will see how it likes them. It will be fun trying to get it in the low 11's. Then I hope to get my 440 done in my 63 this year but I dont know if I will be able to beat Jr. :mrgreen: Ron

Oh and it was great meeting you Mike. Mike is one great guy who has a very nice looking and running Duster that should be in the 11's next time out ! And dont forget to let me know when you go Mike. :thumleft: Ron

383man said:
Oh and it was great meeting you Mike. Mike is one great guy who has a very nice looking and running Duster that should be in the 11's next time out ! And dont forget to let me know when you go Mike. :thumleft: Ron

Had the pleasure of meeting Mike last year at the E-Town
Mopar Nats.
Have to agree REAL NICE GUY :thumrigh: . Unfortunately he didn't
have the Duster with him :(

I think a 6AL will help you some I have not had as much luck as you are with orange box .Car look strong !And dad can drive it too.

Well his friend just gave him a 6al box the other day. We bought a blaster coil also and figure why not give it a try. I mean the 6al box was free and I know it works real nice with the blaster coil. That way I will take the MP orange box and Acell coil and use them on my 63 when I get it done for now. 8) Ron

Sorry for the late reply but Congratulations :cheers:I knew the car would run those numbers :thumrigh:

-
Back