New bilstein shocks bushing lathed?

-

hula

Reaction score
86F44FA2-138E-4264-9924-2F291D52509C.jpeg
6B6390AA-7CAA-4DC2-AC4D-AFD5EA4BE3EA.jpeg
Pulled front shock out to put on and immediately noticed bushing looked ground down at odd angles to the control arm and some paint off the bottom. Shock isn’t used but looks like someone tried to make it fit. I’ll pull the other one but I think I would’ve noticed it. The rep of the company that sold it to me said all their bushing are like that and turned on a lathe. The angles are opposed and I would think that would mean there is a certain orientation to installing it.

Yes they were machined by the manufacturer as I stated in our conversation. This is the way they are made. When they come out of the mold the one side is cleaned up.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing

Yes they were machined by the manufacturer as I stated in our conversation. This is the way they are made. When they come out of the mold the one side is cleaned up.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing

Ok, well both sides of the bushing are that way and the angles oppose each other. So which way do I turn the shock? I don’t remember the other being like that so I’ll pull it and look. Seems like it wouldn’t sit flush with the control arm and one side would dig into the arm.

The sleeve in the bushing makes contact with the control not the rubber. The sleeves is there so you do not collapes the arm by over tightenting. It can be installed in either direction. That is not direction specific.

Thanks
James

The sleeve in the bushing makes contact with the control not the rubber. The sleeves is there so you do not collapes the arm by over tightenting. It can be installed in either direction. That is not direction specific.

Thanks
James

James, I went back and looked at it again and fit it. You’re right, I guess the rubber was askew making it look uneven. Sorry for wasting your time with that.
Thanks

I am glad to hear that it is all straightened out and you can continue with your build. If there is anything that I can help with please let me know.

Thanks
James

-
Back