New California Member from Hellwig

-

bknaus

Sway Bar Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined the forum today. I'm an engineer over at Hellwig Products and got moved from R&D to Marketing so I wanted to join some forums to keep up on trends, etc. Don't worry, I'm not going to try to sell you stuff. I do want to be available if you have any questions though so don't hesitate to shoot me a message if anything comes up!

Otherwise, I'm into offroading, muscle cars, beer and cycling. I don't currently own an A-Body but am always on the lookout. I sure have spent enough time underneath them though working on designing product!

This is me

1_zps8db6ce91.jpg

Great! Welcome to the forums, bknaus! Were glad to have ya!

BTW, is Dave still around? I haven't seen any post by him for months. Or did he get moved from marketing to R&D?

Great! Welcome to the forums, bknaus! Were glad to have ya!

BTW, is Dave still around? Or did he get moved from marketing to R&D?

Thanks! And Dave is definitely still here heading up the R&D Department. He's the one who hired me 4 years ago and we've worked together pretty much every day for the past 4 years

I got this hollow Helwig 1 1/8" front sway bar for my 68 cuda that is the latest advancement. Now you guy's have to copy the rear sway bar that is frame mounted, similar to the E body rear bar with the attachment plates that mount under the leafs. thanks.

Attachments

• P1010015.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 135
So if I am running a mini tub kit and spring relocation (US Cartool) on my 1973 Duster it's obvious your A-Body Rear Sway Bar won't work.
Can I just use your narrower E-Body Rear #6908 Hellwig rear sway bar with longer pins thru the frame?

2.5 year old topic...
Yup. Not the oldest one I've seen brought back from the dead, but it's moot. The original poster hasn't been seen for well over a year. From his profile-

bknaus was last seen:
Apr 19, 2016

So if I am running a mini tub kit and spring relocation (US Cartool) on my 1973 Duster it's obvious your A-Body Rear Sway Bar won't work.
Can I just use your narrower E-Body Rear #6908 Hellwig rear sway bar with longer pins thru the frame?

72BBSwinger runs the #6908 Hellwig bar on his Dart with a 3" relocation and mini-tub. The A-body frame rails do require longer hardware than the E-body rails if you actually go through the rail, but with the relocation that isn't an issue.

007-jpg.jpg

-
Back