new car shed (gargae? sorta) comng!

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
SE Texas cleaning off a spot for a car shed!! It took us 7-8 months to find a logger to trade the timber for him cutting, piling, clearing the brush. Most of them want the logs free and then us pay for the clean up! Just a few acres of timber but some really good logs.

100_2590.JPG

100_2591.JPG

SE Texas cleaning off a spot for a car shed!! It took us 7-8 months to find a logger to trade the timber for him cutting, piling, clearing the brush. Most of them want the logs free and then us pay for the clean up! Just a few acres of timber but some really good logs.

View attachment 1715422888

View attachment 1715422889
wait a second here. They are getting your trees, for free? You realize how much you're giving away? They should be paying YOU to cut those trees. They're gonna make several thousand if not more. Especially if there's hardwoods there.

wait a second here. They are getting your trees, for free? You realize how much you're giving away? They should be paying YOU to cut those trees. They're gonna make several thousand if not more. Especially if there's hardwoods there.
We are in the middle of pine/hardwood country. Hardwood is higher than pine for sure, and pine is cheap. Just a little bit of oak. We have some nice pine logs, but market is way poor. you probably know. If we sold this little dab of wood, it would cost a bunch to get a dozier in here to clean it up, They are clearing also, yo-pon that is really bad!! We tried 5-6 guys before we got these guys!!!! Takes a small co. to take a small bit like this and bring in the equipment to get in done in small spots between fences, buildings, etc.
This is Tx no one is hungr here!! Just me!! If I was back I Missouri they would be standing in line wanting the job!!

We are in the middle of pine/hardwood country. Hardwood is higher than pine for sure, and pine is cheap. Just a little bit of oak. We have some nice pine logs, but market is way poor. you probably know. If we sold this little dab of wood, it would cost a bunch to get a dozier in here to clean it up, They are clearing also, yo-pon that is really bad!! We tried 5-6 guys before we got these guys!!!! Takes a small co. to take a small bit like this and bring in the equipment to get in done in small spots between fences, buildings, etc.
This is Tx no one is hungr here!! Just me!! If I was back I Missouri they would be standing in line wanting the job!!
I was gonna say, we've been bidding out to have about a 120x120 square cleared from our ten acres and we're getting quotes, including debris removals, for between 5-8 grand. for junk woods used for paper pulp

I was gonna say, we've been bidding out to have about a 120x120 square cleared from our ten acres and we're getting quotes, including debris removals, for between 5-8 grand. for junk woods used for paper pulp
Pulp is really cheap here, but we are clearing about 1 ac with mostly just thick yo-pon and selecting some good pine and a few decent oak out on the front, keeping most for looks. . The big co. would never consider even unloading here. They do not use saws!!! The little guys with the saw hand and a short truck, I had 5-6 small guys say they would do the job and never showed up!
These guys have the equipment, there is a small mill near them that sends some good beams to Japan. They will do OK, but just glad to get it done.
Hardwood here is $55-60 a ton pine around $50 unless really good stuff, then maybe $80 and up. It would be nice to sell off some of this and be ahead, but!!! lol
Back in Missouri I sold off 3 big black walnuts out of a pasture, about 10 years ago for $500 when the market was down, one sorta rotted and the other been hit hard by lightening. Walnut there grows like grass and is everywhere. If you have a big log ( 4-5 ft long even), with NO limbs that piece an be worth big big $$, it also goes to Japan.

Pulp is really cheap here, but we are clearing about 1 ac with mostly just thick yo-pon and selecting some good pine and a few decent oak out on the front, keeping most for looks. . The big co. would never consider even unloading here. They do not use saws!!! The little guys with the saw hand and a short truck, I had 5-6 small guys say they would do the job and never showed up!
These guys have the equipment, there is a small mill near them that sends some good beams to Japan. They will do OK, but just glad to get it done.
Hardwood here is $55-60 a ton pine around $50 unless really good stuff, then maybe $80 and up. It would be nice to sell off some of this and be ahead, but!!! lol
Back in Missouri I sold off 3 big black walnuts out of a pasture, about 10 years ago for $500 when the market was down, one sorta rotted and the other been hit hard by lightening. Walnut there grows like grass and is everywhere. If you have a big log ( 4-5 ft long even), with NO limbs that piece an be worth big big $$, it also goes to Japan.
around here, they sell by board foot.

around here, they sell by board foot.
They always had back in Ga but I left there in '79 for Mo., was there in Mo. till 3 years ago, and board ft. there also. Here they scale it and pay by the ton. They figure it slows down the mis read logs by the guy with the stick at the mill, and the owner gets less screwed!!! There is a conversion table that figures a pine log that is say, 3 1/2 logs by 20 inches to weigh out X number of ton. Logs sold at the mill are all weighed per load and paid by ton.
I ain't NO lumberjack though!!!!!!!
We figure ALL the pine log timber here on this little house site would be $3000 total. Would cost more than that to clean up what we want. Besides can't hardly get anyone to come in for that amount and deal with the
stuff so thick a rabbit can hardly slide thru!!!!!! ha

-
Back