New car

-

MikeD

Reaction score
Bought this a few months ago, 73 Duster 340 clone, has a 360 in it, headers, edelbrock intake and edelbrock carb. I've not been well this last few months so just got started on it, the throttle was only opening half way due to the kick down linkage, i need to set that, the rear lights, sidelights and horn didn't work, turned out to be a fuse and a faulty bulb. Hope to get it out and run it in the next couple of weeks.
Mike

73 duster 2.jpg

P1040071.JPG

I like that color. It takes the scoop and makes it look extremely docile.....

JW

Hey Cool, you got your duster. So whats it been like to drive so far? Did you figure out the tire size you want yet? You had another post about that i remember.

Got plenty to do, i blew the engine on my Dart last year, i've got a 470 stroker for it, i had 0.040 off the heads so need to check piston to valve, finish putting it together then get it in the car. I need to get the washers working on the Duster and the gauges, i'm not sure what else untill i drive it.
Hey Fisher.. I'm thinking either 255/60/15 or 255/70/15, want something to give it a better stance and i haven't driven it proper yet, hope to in the next week.

A 255/60/15 is a nice fitting tire, I have had them on 7&8" wheels on various cars. What gear ratio do you have in the diffy now? I have 3.73 gears with a 275/60/15 car runs 2600 rpm at 65 mph

Thanks J par yeah i've been around a while, this is my 4th duster and i've had my Dart nearly 30 years.
Fisher do you have any pics of a 60 profile, i'm not sure what gear ratio the axle is but i'm pretty sure it's a 7-1/4 so maybe a weak link.
Mike

Checking the heater and noticed the front section that covers the matrix is missing, I checked a 69 Dart heater box i have but unfortunately it's totally different.

-
Back