New carpet help

-

MNDuster

Reaction score
I am installing some new carpet from YearOne and don't know how to get the fit right. Any advise on how to get the center hump and corners to mold to the floor? Any help is appreciated!

I know when I did mine I layed the carpet out in the hot sun for a hour or so and let it get good and hot, then I put it in the barracuda it seemed to kind of mold itself around the hump and in the corners and when it cooled off it fit pretty good. That made it a little easier to work with.
Bob

Thanks, i'll have to try that. Someone told me to use a heat gun but I was afraid to melt it.

You don't have to get it super hot with a heat gun, just wave it around on the back where your difficulties are until it softens a bit and then form it into place. It'll help tighten up the sags and make it look more professional.

You can also use a carpet or fabric steamer to soften the carpet and backing to help mold it to the floor.

i left mine loose in the car for a couple of days and then glued the troubled areas just like the factory.

-
Back