New Cast Aluminum Big Block Valve Cover Design

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If someone were to make a completely new cast aluminum valve cover what design and features would you want it to have?

To me the factory 68-69 valve covers with all the plug wire tabs deleted are a perfect clean look.

What say you!

Tom

Last edited:
needs this.

1666376599985.png

If someone were to make a completely new cast aluminum valve cover what design and features would you want it to have?

To me the factory 68-69 valve covers with all the plug wire tabs are a perfect clean look.

What say you!

Tom
I’m actually in the market for BB valve covers. I like the idea of the plug wire tabs. I like the finned look, and the fabricated look, but I prefer it to use stock hardware. My personal preference is unbranded, and maybe a callout instead like “383” or something cool like “Chevy killer” or a unique design. Color too.

Mopar valve covers are black, chrome or some type of aluminum finish. How about metallic purple or black and yellow? Something different, an option outside the norm would be monumental.

Lastly, price. I am not going to pay $500 for valve covers. A basic set should be around $250 and let people pay for upgrades like paint/callouts/wire separators etc… I hope that isn’t too much and it offers you some insight.

Jared

Clean old Calcustom look with tall 1/2" fins.
Taller than normal, with baffle deep enough to stab a qt. bottle of oil in and not fall out.
Filler cap that doesn`t leak and look old school.
Pcv provision/ vent cap provision with available grommet sized.
Baffles for all holes.
As stated cheap enough for cheap Mopar owners :lol:

I made a correction to my first post. I like the 68-69 valve covers smoothed out with the wire tabs removed. So my first thought is a cast replica of a 68-69 valve cover with maybe a few tweaks like just a little increase in height to clear roller rockers. Seconds this discussion is only for aluminum valve covers and not any other items. Casting aluminum I can do. Making chrome platted pot metal emblems is not in my wheelhouse. As far as price for custom bespoke aluminum valve covers you're never going to see a price in the $250 range unless they came from China. Mine would be poured and finished right here in Indiana and while a valve cover might look simple to make, they are not. In the photos below are a set of A&R valve covers I bought for an AMC engine project. I really like the smooth looks of them and those sell for $425 a set. I am not really into the fins and mainly because there are already lots of options in that design. If I were to cast any valve covers they would only come in a glass beaded raw aluminum finish. The end user would have to deal with polishing and/ or powder coating on their own.

Tom

UR-18 AR Valve Cover II.jpg

9375 Holley 1050 CFM.jpg

9375 Holley.jpg

So a stock appearing valve cover for $500. I feel like your market will be very limited in an already limited market, but I ain’t a salesman or businessman and I wish anyone making parts for Mopar’s the best of luck!

I'd like a set of see-through valve covers like the one Andy F made.

Maybe a Wide version. Seems like people were looking for the mopar wide valve covers.

-
Back