New Challenger

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I looked at a new Challenger here at our local dealer. I've done business with them for years. Fact is I bought my 69 Dart GTS from him back in 72 or 73. Anyway it lists for $41,500 and said he would entertain offers at $55,000. WTF isn't full list price bad enough without the extra markup? Way to rich for my blood. It's an collector car he said. Maybe so but I'll stick with something that I can drive and enjoy. It's hemi orange if anyone is interested.

When the Plymouth Prowler came available my mother wanted one.
She went to look at one at a major dealership in Dallas.
The markup was almost $15,000.00! The sales manager told her that
it was a great deal and that alot of people are turning them and making a hell of a profit...She ran the numbers and told the guy that if she was a dumbass she would be paying almost $30,000.00 over what he has in it. The sticker was $15,000.00 under what he was asking so she wrote "+15k" in front of the window sticker. As many of you know they were not as big of hits as many people thought and were later sold under to make room for other vehicles.
In time, prob. by next year when more models are available the sales people will not have an excuse to mark these cars up.

Plus-
After seeing one I am not happy with the craftsmanship.
It looks like some panels are out of wack and the ***. line was on speed.

-
Back