New Comp Cams coated DHL lifters

-

lemondana

BlackDart
Reaction score
I just seen that Comp Cams has a new coated lifter DHL. Maybe, they aren't new, but I guess I haven't noticed them before. I'm not sure if they,'re available for Mopars, but the price on the Chevy lifter is over 1900.00 a set. I guess I won't be buying any of these anytime soon

Yeah I saw that sometime back. Isn't it a DLC coating?

I swear it seems like there's money to be made from a boutique shop that just sells decent lifters.

Coming up with every gimmick they can to make a buck on. Just make a frakkin decent lifter, why dontchya?

Sounds good until it chips off and runs through your big ends.

Lipstick on a pig. If the lifters were made correctly in the first place, they wouldn't need any coating.....

Lipstick on a pig. If the lifters were made correctly in the first place, they wouldn't need any coating.....
Kinda the point of my post. Just another money grab. You get your water swirling the right way?

You're right. Quite a few years ago there were some other coasted lifters-Schubac, something like that. They too-were very expensive. You could run them on different cams and more.
Yeah I saw that sometime back. Isn't it a DLC coating?

I swear it seems like there's money to be made from a boutique shop that just sells decent lifters.

I went and looked these Schubeck lifters up-I guess they weren't such a good deal after all.
You're right. Quite a few years ago there were some other coasted lifters-Schubac, something like that. They too-were very expensive. You could run them on different cams and more.

Hmmm... $1900 for a set of comp FT lifters - I would just go for a roller cam

These lifters are for some kinda class rules deal where rollers are not allowed, guaranteed.

DLC done right, with an accompanying cam with the right surface finish, would offer a significant friction reduction.

I bet they don't sell many of them though.

These lifters are for some kinda class rules deal where rollers are not allowed, guaranteed.

DLC done right, with an accompanying cam with the right surface finish, would offer a significant friction reduction.

I bet they don't sell many of them though.

This is why they are made. There are some rules makers that are still living in the 1970’s and think they are saving the racer money by forcing them to use solid lifters.

Its a fools paranoid for sure, because it doesn’t take but one munched cam to make solid lifters less economical.

The other thing is solid flat tappet cams are rpm limited by the fact that you usually can’t run more than 400 pounds over the nose. You start turning much rpm with steel valves and you can get enough spring pressure on them to get rpm.

You can use Ti valves (that kills the old budget pretty good) or you can find some older, slower lobes that will be more stable at higher rpm.

Or you can do a hard face overlay like Isky used to do, or you end up with a Schubeck type of lifter.

I'm not sure if they,'re available for Mopars, but the price on the Chevy lifter is over 1900.00 a set.

Comp cams 812D-16 dlc coated Chevy lifters…….about $125 a set.

Not to mention Comp will case-harden the camshaft for you...one of their cores anyways..

GM offered lifters w/an armoured steel base as well...like, a long time ago...

-
Back