new Definition for the word "Blower" on an engine

-

JAG_mopar

Reaction score
We took this 73 Duster 6cyl in for repair\updating and was overwhelmed by the site of this performance upgrade. This is actually a leaf blower modified to blow into the carb. It had a a/c converter mounted under the dash to run this contraption. Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_2613.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2615.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2614.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 325
One of the car magazines or tv shows did something like this a few years back. I was thinking it was with a Monza and they used 5 or 6 leaf blowers, mounted in the hatch area. There was an improvement in hp and times, but not near enough to make me listen to them howling in the backseat of any car I would drive. I hate those things. All they do is spread dirt and trash everywhere. Use a broom, sweep it up and shovel it up!!!!, I say.

That is what we are doing, remove the leaf blower and sweep up the mess that everyone made when they touched this car.

Ehhh... I'll keep what I've got on my 340. :D

[ame]http://youtu.be/5Petm4yI4AY[/ame]

One of the car magazines or tv shows did something like this a few years back. I was thinking it was with a Monza and they used 5 or 6 leaf blowers, mounted in the hatch area. There was an improvement in hp and times, but not near enough to make me listen to them howling in the backseat of any car I would drive. I hate those things. All they do is spread dirt and trash everywhere. Use a broom, sweep it up and shovel it up!!!!, I say.

Right here.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81_0waqEWA&list=PL12C0C916CECEA3BC&index=18"]Leaf-Blower Supercharging a 1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder! - Roadkill Episode 16 - YouTube[/ame]

You can always tell when a Chevy guy:eek:ops: works on or restores a Mopar by the black painted engine bay.

Actually this poor duster had a quick black primer paint job that hid the bad body work when it was sold on the internet. It really is a shame how bad the body is. It was sprayed all over with the primer including the trunk.

Fortunately, he brought the car to my shop to be brought back to life.

Would be interesting to see if it actually worked, but the elbow doesn't fit the carb leaving a nice gap. Or is that a fixed wastegate? :lol:

-
Back