New Demon Member - Need Help Please

-

71Demon340

Banned
Reaction score
Hello all. I just joined the forum and I have a B5 blue 71 Demon 340 that my dad purchased brand new back in the day. I was in the process of restoring it due to the fact that it has been stored in not running condition for the last 20+ years. Despite that fact, it was in pretty good condition until Hurricane Rita back in Sept (tried to post a pic, but said it was too large). I live about 30 miles inland from the gulf (Beaumont, TX) and we got hit pretty hard. Not to give a sob story, but I am in need of some parts as most people on the forum are. My beautiful rallye cluster bezels are pretty much junk now along with the metal dashboard and dash cap. I think I can salvage the actual gauges. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if the dash out of a 70 Valiant would work in the Demon. It looks the same, but I'm not sure if there was a difference in the metal dash for rallye and non-rallye gauge cars. Any insight on this would be appreciated as well as any of the parts listed above. Anyway, glad to be a member and look forward to chatting with everyone.

hey 71Demon340 unless your gauges are smashed to pieces they can be brought back to life. there are a few companies that restore gauge clusters, recalibrate the gauges, and repaint the dials and woodgrain too. the gauges if broken not to bad can be repaired as well. if this is not in the cards then there is always the mopar nats or carlisle show. you can get it there for sure! the rest of your parts like dash pad can be had as repops or used. the dash frame is a little more difficult. i can be you can get one though these guys ....http://www.texasacres.com/ they will be pricey though. good luck!

-
Back