New Doug's Headers finally here!!!

-

Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Reaction score
:cheers: Finally my new headers are here! (yep its a contrived photo... but I can't wait to install these babies... probably won't get it all together till sometime in the spring:pukel:)

I do have 2 questions... 1. Do I need to run this "mini" starter with Doug's headers? (I ordered it for a 91 Dakota) Its brand new but it was $20.00 cheaper than a rebuild plus no core charge!! (KMS Auto)
2. Don't want to break-in my new engine with these headers, will stock 318 exhaust manifolds bolt up to Magnum headed 360?

thx a bunch\\:D/

Attachments

• IMG_3095.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_3098.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 474
Yes, you need a mini starter (the one pictured will work), and the 318 manifolds will bolt up to it. Those are some good street headers. There are plenty of threads on here explaining how to install them, and common issues others have had (myself included).

Even if the headers DID clear the OEM starter, it wouldn't be long before the heat toasted it. I did Doug's and a mini and would recommend it to anyone (with any header set up).

Also, the mini is just a better engineered piece (IMHO). It seems to turn the motor faster and less draw on the system.

The real benefit is the look of the ceramics, but more importantly, you won't be scraping the headers, every time you pull into a driveway etc with an apron. I had Hedmans on my GTS when I bought it.....awful design (IMO)...

Just my .02

Good choice on headers,mine installed no problem,with mini starter and a four speed ,no issues what so ever . I did install with motor in car.
Not a bad idea to break in the motor with original manifolds,save cooking your shiny new "dougs",as long as you have the exhaust and everything to hook back up. Still a lot of work to switch back and forth.

-
Back