New driveshaft

-

446DART

Reaction score
Help! I´m searching new driveshaft assembly from the web. Mancini, strange, mark williams, denny´s... just to get more confused. I Need whole package, my slip yoke is corroded(destroyd tailhouse bushing) and it´s with small joints(7260=driveline fuses). I Though to go to 1350 u-joints(sold everywhere) and propably those last "forever".
I Have Mopar Perf727+8 3/4 489 case(from B-body, original 3,23). So the slip yoke is 29 slines(yes??), but whats that pinion yoke 29 or 10??? Is the 29 original and 10 for aftermarket, is it only way to check to open it???
from strange i found conversion u-joint 7290->1350 that i could use over the summer before changing that pinion yoke to 1350 with u-bolts. Simple??? No Strange offers two types of 1330(=7290?)...1.125" and 1.0625" which is correct? Or maybe I just lift the car up(again) and measure.
Would it be worth to go to cromoly or just go cheap with prices starting mild DOM steel?
+ Have you noticed that in Mopar Perf 727 that little "service hole" located under rear support used to reach the snap ring over outputshaft...it´s nolonger there...it´s moved to the side :wav:
Brilliant, it´s quite impossible to get access to that snap ring without dropping tranny down.
And the funny part...year ago I had everything apart, but DID NOT notice the bad condition of that bushing...it was about month later after the big tuneup. This...little bit gets onto my nerves. Its a big fun to do anything with RB+CPPA 2". Not because its easy, but because its hard... Is it possible to change that bushing from rear, without opening extension housing??? Tearing it of and hammering new in with proper size tool?

-
Back