New driveshaft

-

n.y.340 dart

Reaction score
Ordered a new driveshaft threw summit racing. Strange 3in chrome moly, forged ends. Also 1350 forged slip yoke and diff yoke and new seal. Summit was great, but was suppose to be delivered by aug 2. So I already changed the seal and yoke. Where is it? In somebody else's car? Was gonna go with dr diff, but he never called me back. With summit I got all the same parts as dr diff and saved almost hundred bucks! How long does it take strange to make a driveshaft. Just venting, thanks for listening.

Ordered a new driveshaft threw summit racing. Strange 3in chrome moly, forged ends. Also 1350 forged slip yoke and diff yoke and new seal. Summit was great, but was suppose to be delivered by aug 2. So I already changed the seal and yoke. Where is it? In somebody else's car? Was gonna go with dr diff, but he never called me back. With summit I got all the same parts as dr diff and saved almost hundred bucks! How long does it take strange to make a driveshaft. Just venting, thanks for listening.

it takes then about 1 hr to make one ,i had mine in about 2 weeks

I have a local shop that has quoted me one day, but has called me 4 hours after I dropped off telling me to come pick it up...

Home

Often times, a customer does not leave a return number on my answering machine. When did you call me? I can check the transcript.

Sounds like Summit didn't tell you Strange driveshafts are delayed at least a couple weeks due to a shortage of cr-mo tubing.

In addition, I'm not sure how buying a driveshaft assy from Summit will save you almost $100 over my prices (see below):

Strange Engineering Driveshaft

TOTAL from DoctorDiff:
U1702 (3" diameter full cr-mo) driveshaft assembled with U1666 FORGED slip yoke, add FORGED pinion yoke and U-bolts $629 delivered in USA

For comparison, here are prices taken from Summit's web-site:

U1702 cr-mo driveshaft $335
U1666 FORGED slip yoke $180
Add CAST pinion yoke $94
Add FORGED pinion yoke $144
Add U-bolts $8
TOTAL from Summit with CAST slip yoke and U-bolts $617 delivered in USA
TOTAL from Summit with FORGED slip yoke and U-bolts $667 delivered in USA

Last edited:
Doctor Diff, I got u1655 slip joint. That's 100 bucks off. You are right, my bad! I'm sure I left a number to call me back. But, doesn't matter now.

-
Back