"New" Dual Point for my 340

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Check out my new dual-point distributor for my 69 340 Barracuda. For years, I have wanted to get rid of the chrome box on my firewall and go back to the look of the stock dual point. Now I get to but still keep the benefits of the electronic distributor. Look at how.
Tom

new di1.jpg

new di2.jpg

new di in 1.jpg

new di in 2.jpg

Adam, it uses a GM module which I will mount inside the car under the dash. It also uses a stocker-looking coil and it will not need a ballast resistor which I will leave on but short both terminals in the rear of it.
A pal of mine Bob Davis fabricated it for me. I had him set up a good advance curve so I am anxious to get it on and running.
Tom

Cool piece. Does Petronix make a conversion for the Prestolite distributors ?

Not sure Adam, never wanted to try anything but the parts I have had success with.

You can see my chrome box. This is a vintage 1980 one too.

engpass2cuda.jpg

Single point distibutors are the same housing as the electronic distributors though. The dual point is the only one to use the cast iron housing.

Your friend does nice work! I always dug the little oiler on the side. It gives it that old school look.

I have a couple of these old cast iron dual point dist. lying around. I like the look so maybe I'll build one.

-
Back