New Duster owner

-

amckenna

Reaction score
This is a fantastic web site! I'm 18 years old and just bought a 74 duster. I've always loved them. I worked every weekend for the last year washing dishes to save up enough money. I'm not bragging but I feel kind of proud that I did it all on my own.
I don't know much about working on cars so I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions.
Thanks,
Andy

Great, Would Like To See A Few Photos...

Andy congratulations , i am 47 and still get excited getting a new old car now you will have a never ending Hobby , i love it ,this site helped me build the car i have now ,its almost done but never done, have fun

The guys I work with can't understand why I get so excited about old mopars,all they can talk about are new mustangs and camaros,I still get a thrill every time I see an older A-body.Thank God there's others like me.Good luck with it,if you're excited about it then you're halfway there!

I'll get some pics up soon.

It's an awesome car, runs great and the body is in great shape
I'm replacing the valve cover gasket tomorrow, then I have to get new exhaust on her

This is a fantastic web site! I'm 18 years old and just bought a 74 duster. I've always loved them. I worked every weekend for the last year washing dishes to save up enough money. I'm not bragging but I feel kind of proud that I did it all on my own.
I don't know much about working on cars so I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions.
Thanks,
Andy
there is no such thing as a dumb question. there is alot of smart people on this site and most are glad to help you with anything for information and parts. Good Luck on your project:cheers:

Hey we all got to start some where:read2: I am 24 and have had my car for a little over a year. The guys on this site are great and have a lot of useful answers to your questions. I still ask dumb questions but the only to ways to learn how to restore a car are by asking and doing. Good luck and post some pic's of you project.

-
Back