New dyno numbers and more to come.

-

cold85

Reaction score
Just took the 500 storker 440 off the dyno made a few pulls and saw that we needed a new dominator had to use a shop one to get the numbers we got. Made 746hp at 6400. this is a indy 440-1 headed motor. My engine guy had to do alot of work to the heads to get them to flow because they were done years ago at herb Mcandless's and they did not flow much. The stroker kit he did not like because of many reasons one not aluminum he did not like the pistons and some other stuff also. I bought the kit from some guy local new so I do not know what kind of kit it was. Anyway he wanted to put the new carb and do some more work to the intake and put on a vacume pump and thinks turning it some more with the work he is doing will be at 800hp.

Sounds dam good to me . good job. you know how engine buliders are never happy.

smart move staying at 500 cubes on the 440 factory block, you use block filler? main studs ? aluminum,billet or steel caps.girdle.head studs ,aluminum rods and so forth? lotta ponies for a stock block 440 if it is a factory block.I like the early 230 and 630 400s and with what I mentioned done above is virtually indestructible, I can get an easy 550 hp out of a 400 using 906 bowl blended head ,back cut valves with 5 angle valve job, hyd cam, .550 area 284 292 duration, m-1 intake and a 850 holly. I use the steel 383 crank, line hone,paralell deck block, good headers and compression around 10 to 1 they say the strongest 440 is the 4006630 made in 76. I have one and the main webbing is .575 but not all were made with this thickness,funny the early blocks are weaker than the later blocks and weigh more, sure more nickel content in earlier block but ill take the .575 main webbing over .375 any day of the week. Im building a 230 474 stroker using the manley chevy size pin rod but the mopar rod width.im hoping for 800 to 900 hp and using a 100 shot of nos,ill keep you posted, I just dont like the long water tubes between the cylinders as ive collapsed a few and watered the track down and blew the engine rods out the side of # 2 and 7 cylinders. ive run 9,90s using the factory 906s in a 3000 lb A body but after a few runs watered the track again haha, ill keep you posted, nice job on your engine friend

440 source can hook you up with top notch parts and have a wide variety of offerings for each stroker kit they sell, thats where im getting mine from, and yes they will get me the manley rods with 7/16 arp bolts even though they dont stock them. Brandon is a fair guy.

-
Back