New EBay Scam, New to me anyway.

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
So someone sells an item at auction and doesn't get a bidding war and it goes for cheap. Seller is not happy, so they create a ebay shipping label with a USPS tracking number. Seller never takes the item to the post office, buyer complains about never getting the item, so seller refunds money saying item got lost. Nothing you can do.

If the deadbeat seller never takes it to the post office, or it's never picked up at the business, or residence, then the post office never would be showing it in their possession for acceptance.
That would be proof of it never being sent in the first place, if it wasn't scanned in.

So someone sells an item at auction and doesn't get a bidding war and it goes for cheap. Seller is not happy, so they create a ebay shipping label with a USPS tracking number. Seller never takes the item to the post office, buyer complains about never getting the item, so seller refunds money saying item got lost. Nothing you can do.
Why bother going through the trouble of providing a tracking number. Why not just say I sent it regular parcel post. No tracking numbers there.

They must be learning from the amazon sellers that have been doing this for some time (like these clowns >
https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding...532247&seller=A3EJ0T2CNRRH26&tab=&vasStoreID= . )
Seller generates tracking#, never actually ship the item.
The way it seems to work there is, once the seller generates the tracking #, amazon credits their account for the payment.
Seller then simply cancles the USPS label and gets credit back from USPS for the price of the paid postage. Tracking just states "lable created" mean while, customer gets shafted waiting for an item that never goes anywhere for weeks and has the hassle of filing & waiting for a refund...
I can only imagine the upside to doing this (large scale), is banking/floating payments and pocketing the $$ from customers that forget they ordered stuff, or simply move on and never file a claim for $$ back.

Last edited:
Paypal will refund your money. I got scammed a couple times when the buyer sez he never got the item despite there being a delivery confimation... blamed on porch pirates. I lost my money as the seller...

It's tricky to get your FeeBay money back from a Scammer. Once 30 days has amassed, FeeBay will not bother with the case, but Paypal will.
Most Buyers just give up once the 30 days has passed.
-------------------------------------------------------
Another way Sellers don't actually send you an item (because you won the FeeBay bid way too low) is thru the automated Kiosks at Post Office. You can punch in the info for the package and get a tracking number and then never send it. --- Scammed Buyer gets tracking number, but can't trace the package (thinking it's a delivery mistake), gives up and asks for refund.

FEEBAY.jpg

I got a refund, right away. No delay, no let me check, I know I sent it, just an I will refund your payment right away message. Just seems fishy to me.

-
Back