new family truckster.

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
My wife got a hair up her butt and decided she no longer liked the f150 super crew she wanted a couple years back. She decided she wanted more internal space, so we went test driving. Durango, Grand Cherokee, Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, and Explorer. I loved the look, feel, and capability of the Jeep diesel. She felt it was too small inside with out a 3rd row. Tahoe and suburban neither of us liked. I hated the Expedition because it is still using the old 5.4l that was phases out of the F series 3 years ago. She fell in love with the Explorer Sport. 365hp, 350lb-ft. 3 row seating. The thing gets up and moves out with a 0-60 under 6 seconds and a 14s quarter. About the only things I can knock about it are it's not so great fuel mileage, 16/22, and how it the *** feels like it has 4 wheel steering when you do a quick lane change.

Attachments

• 7215-DB715B47F9488649E174ACA0FBB268C1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 110
The new Explorers are pretty nice. A far cry from what the old Exploder rattle box used to be. I don't own a new explorer, but when I travel, it is usually what I rent, and I've found them to be comfortable, quiet, and well powered.
I find quarter mile times on most street vehicles to be fairly useless information. It's your 0 to 60 time that gets you on the the interstate. and 60 to 0 distance that could save your life.

Congrats on the new purchase. You're gonna love it.

...although, I think it's more of a "trucklet" than a "truckster". Excursions and Suburbans are "trucksters", lol

As a Ford employee

Thanks for your purchase

Hope you got a good deal, but anyone looking to purchase a new ford and have no one that works there to get you A plan ( employee price for immediate family ) or X plan ( friends and family plan ) let me know and I can get X plan to give yoU a set price without negotiating. They show you the invoice that has the a plan and X plan price right on the paper

Have helped many people on the other site I go to with is a Prowler site

I work for Frito Lay which is part of PepsiCo so I get Xplan from ford and buying incentives from chrysler and GM. Takes the haggle out of the purchase.

This thing is like a bloated SHO. They share platform, power train and brakes.

-
Back