New from IL

-
Hey there! Welcome from another central Illinoisian. I was down in Mattoon for the Power Tour not 4 days ago, hope you got to see some of the muscle roll thru town!

to all who have responded to my Baby Blue...thank you for your compliments. I searched for over a year for my Dart, and am amazed daily at it's condition. I've had a couple of offers on it, I've had other local experts look at and were blown away at how clean and straight it is. Anyone close to central IL have an idea where (or who) can give me an expert appraisal? I'd also like to find Medium Blue 2 NOS front armrests. Mine are OK, but will need to be replaced soon. I have a real hard time threading through the classifieds on FABO.

missed it. I was at the auto parts store on 45 getting R143 for my AC, and there was a guy with a 73 340 Duster with a problem. his was very nice. I'm going to start going to shows just as an original, no restoration...when I get that magic thing called "spare time" on the weekends. check out this website for show info...

http://www.classicpony.com/

hey someone close to me welcome to FABO I am in shelbyville pm me and we can meet up and get some pints, your only about 35 min from my house I am glad to see more of central IL getting in on this great site.

Meet me at the 2 story outhouse...anybody on rt 16 knows what we mean...

y' know, we have enough here in central il to host our own car show, there are a few from Champaign, Urbana, Cerro Gordo, and now S-ville. Next time I head to Pana (where I'm from) I'll let you know, and we can meet at MCD.

I spent the afternoon taking out my backseat to get the build sheet...anyone know how to decode it??

Meet me at the 2 story outhouse...anybody on rt 16 knows what we mean...

y' know, we have enough here in central il to host our own car show, there are a few from Champaign, Urbana, Cerro Gordo, and now S-ville. Next time I head to Pana (where I'm from) I'll let you know, and we can meet at MCD.

Two story outhouse and "the witches grave"; must see for anybody halfway nearby.

not sure about the witches grave...do you have to visit it on a dark and stormy night??

And, Pana has it's own "special" cemetary.

not sure about the witches grave...do you have to visit it on a dark and stormy night??

And, Pana has it's own "special" cemetary.

Witches Grave is in Chesterville and listed on "Wierd Illinois". Cool story with no basis ( probably ) in fact but a neat visit. Big a$$ tree growing thru iron fence around grave site. Tree planted on top of "witch" to keep her.....whatever from .....doing whatever.

thanks 1964hippo,
I took my car to Pana to have Rick Jones look it over. he was impressed at it's condition, but he found B5 blue under the B1 blue in a few places where the paint waws chipped. Thought maybe it was a factory repaint before it left the plant. I took the back seat out and made a copy of the build sheet. it has B1 blue. That leaves us no explanation for the B5 blue showing in the rock chips. Any thoughts??

how did greg like your car ? did he show you his cars?

yea forgotten history most likely for a reason

Greg liked the car, he wanted to put in a 500CI crate motor, headders and dual 4 bbl carbs on it. I asked how much, then I said no. I wanted Rick Jones to see it. He was really impressed with the condition. Most likely still going to Charleston Sunday. may see you there.

-
Back