New from Indiana

-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Tony Fields from Columbus, Indiana.
I'm about 45 miles South of Indy.

I just purchased a 1967 Barracuda Fastback project. It is white with a maroon interior. Car came with the slant six and automatic. Had a bench seat which has been replaced by buckets. When I get the car restored it will have a 1972 360 and 904 tranny.

Back in the old days I had a 1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe, a new 1971 340 Duster and a 1971 'Cuda 340. All of these cars were automatics.

I also currently own (2) 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z's with Intercooled Turbos and Getrag A-555 5-speeds, a 1990 Chrysler LeBaron GTC VNT Black Convertible with the Variable Nozzle Turbo and Getrag A-568 5-speed, a 1989 Dodge Caravan with the 2.5 non-Intercooled Turbo and A-413 auto, and a 1996 Dodge Ram Sport 4 x 4.

I think once a Mopar enthusiast.....always a Mopar enthusiast.

I am 59 years young and have been retired for a week now. This should give me all of the "car time" that I want.

Tony Fields

Welcome to the Mopar Library!
:toothy7:
Looks like you have had your share of nice cars!

where are they now? Bet you miss them.. :lol:

Anyway..

have fun being on week freshly retarded.. i mean.. retired :angel9:

Cerwin

Welcome to the site Tony, nice to hear your back in the "seen". Hope you enjoy. :thumbup:

DSCN7522.jpg

Tony,

Welcome, and you've found the right place for anyone who loves MOPARs. The people here on FABO are the greatest. My latest project is a 68 Dart, but have owned Plymoth Fury, and 61 Chrysler as well.

Pat

That's a good starting point. looks like you have alot more room to work on yours than I have for mine, I get to squeeze around mine....Guess I'm just getting real close to mine. Do you already have the 360 lined up? What color combo are you going with?

[QUOTE='68-340-S]That's a good starting point. looks like you have alot more room to work on yours than I have for mine, I get to squeeze around mine....Guess I'm just getting real close to mine. Do you already have the 360 lined up? What color combo are you going with?[/QUOTE]

Already got the 360 and 904 tranny. It's from a 1972 Dodge Polara.

It will get Edelbrock Alum. heads, carb, and air gap intake. It will be set up to run on 87 octane. I will use the std. cast exhaust manifolds with a ceramic coating. I never cared much for headers.

I've been debating on color. I think I'll go with black with the std Met. Red interior. Will use black steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps and red line tires.

I've got plenty of room to work on the car. I rent a 5 car garage and the Barracuda will use 2 spaces until it's finished. Will be getting it soda blasted so my body man won't have such a hard time with paint removal.

What do you think of the color combination I've picked.

I thought about a black interior but that would create a lot of work repainting panels.

Black with red always looks cool. I like the dog dish hubcaps too. I thought about going with black for my interior but I'm stuck on the idea of keeping mine as close to stock as possible...Maroon interior parts for my '68 has been a pain in the tail to find. When I'm done though I know i wont be kicking myself for making the wrong choice. Maybe one of these days our cudas will see each other. If you need any performance parts for your Ram let me know, I just got rid of my '99 for an '05

[QUOTE='68-340-S]Black with red always looks cool. I like the dog dish hubcaps too. I thought about going with black for my interior but I'm stuck on the idea of keeping mine as close to stock as possible...Maroon interior parts for my '68 has been a pain in the tail to find. When I'm done though I know i wont be kicking myself for making the wrong choice. Maybe one of these days our cudas will see each other. If you need any performance parts for your Ram let me know, I just got rid of my '99 for an '05[/QUOTE]

Adam, I will be at the Cruise In at the Chrysler Transmission Assembly Plant in Kokomo August the 27th (next Sunday) on Highway 31 on the South side.

I won't be in the 'Cuda but I will be driving my Red 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. If you get a chance bring the 'Cuda down. It's a nice event (all free). They will have a Mopar Midway set up in front of the entrance to the plant for all of the Mopars to park. All cars, trucks and motorcycles are welcome as long as they are made in the U.S.A.

I don't need any go parts for the Ram..it eats enough fuel as is. It's only used in winter.

Later,
Tony

I wish I could make it down, I'll at least try to. Hopefully i'll see you there. If I can get away i'll be in a silver Ram with a Mopar decal in the rear window. I'd love to bring the cuda but the new truck doesn't have a hitch and i have to borrow a trailer (I'm still in the part hunting stage)

-
Back