New guy - Decatur, GA

-

starmanj64

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've lurked on the site for awhile for information but just realized I had never signed up. I'm a general enthusiast who grew up on Mopars in a Mopar family but also has a love for Hondas (haha). Right now I've got a 1970 Barracuda, 1988 Jeep Comanche, 1988 Honda Civic wagon, 1991 Acura Integra, 1997 Honda Odyssey, and my recent purchase of a 1971 Duster Twister. I've also owned a few European cars but have mostly stuck with what I know. Looking forward to seeing some cool stuff and sharing some of my stuff with you guys.

How's the humidity up there?

It's killing us down here.

"only" 90-92 degrees but 98% humid for the past three weeks.

Oh.....pics, pics, pics.....

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Here are a few pics of the fleet.

FB_IMG_1531178594538.jpg

FB_IMG_1531178501797.jpg

FB_IMG_1531178290774.jpg

The Duster sat for 20 years in a barn and the only real rust is the drivers lower quarter and in the drivers side wheels from a dog constantly pissed on them. Pans, trunk, and other quarter are solid. Minor surface stuff above the drivers taillight.

20180620_142625.jpg

20180620_142651.jpg

20180621_121351.jpg

Today it actually hasn't been too bad, but I'm familiar with a good and humid Georgia summer. Haha

Do my eyes device me?
An E with a leaning tower of power?
I got so excited at that I almost didn't notice the Duster.
That new old car feeling.
peg new car feeling.jpg

Do my eyes device me?
An E with a leaning tower of power?
I got so excited at that I almost didn't notice the Duster.
That new old car feeling.
View attachment 1715196612

That it is! Factory slant 6 car, auto on the column, folding armrest bench. This 225 has been bored and turned and such. The sweetener for the deal on the Duster was besides the original 318 that's in it I also got a rebuilt 340 for the Barracuda. That was the missing piece to the swap puzzle of parts.

20180621_121733.jpg

That it is! Factory slant 6 car, auto on the column, folding armrest bench. This 225 has been bored and turned and such. The sweetener for the deal on the Duster was besides the original 318 that's in it I also got a rebuilt 340 for the Barracuda. That was the missing piece to the swap puzzle of parts.

View attachment 1715196615

Well, I like your plan just fine.

I will tell you that I have had ONE E body.
A 340 car with a wicked non matching 340 in it.
I sold that car for several reasons.
One of which was I figured if I was going to have an E body it should have big block in it and there was no point in doing that at the time.
I mean, there's plenty of room.

Now, since E bodies have no trunk, I'm better off with out one.
I get groceries in my cars. :)

If I had it again and did not sell it, I might put the 340 in an A body and go big in the E.

That was the route I wanted to go before and just slap a 440 in it, but my dad has had a 71 Barracuda since 81 that's a factory 340 car so I think itd be neat for us to cruise with two 340 Barracudas. I've got a 4 speed trans and pedals and a 3.55 gear for this Duster so I'll probably gather the remainder of things and just have a basic little cruiser with the 318 for now.

I love how Georgia is referred to as “up there”!!!!

By the way, welcome to FABO. Great people, great information, great time! Enjoy! Love the /6 e body!!

Welcome from an Atlanta native!
Texas rocks, but they hide all the Mopars out here! At least in GA they get driven. One of the last times I was back, in Febuary, I pulled up next to a nice 70 6-Barrel Road Runner in Buckhead.Glad to see not everything ITP has been gentrified!
Used to be a LOT of Mopars intown!
Back in the early 90's, a guy on North Avenue had a garage filled to the roof with Mopar stuff, to name just one.

-
Back