New guy from Central AZ

-

Monte3

70 Duster 340
Reaction score
My name's Paul, and I'm a long time (40+years) Arizona resident, car guy, and owner of a 70 Duster 340. (Sounds like an AA meeting...)
Looking forward to the wide knowledge base, and having vague questions answered!

Yes, we all need to belong to something like AA!!!! >>> ????

Welcome!!

YOU have to show s pics of the Duster or it might not exist!!

Welcome, if your avatar is the fender tag from it, we know it's a factory 340 and it's blue, definitely love to see the rest of it.

My name's Paul, and I'm a long time (40+years) Arizona resident, car guy, and owner of a 70 Duster 340. (Sounds like an AA meeting...)
Looking forward to the wide knowledge base, and having vague questions answered!

Welcome! I too am pretty new to the site, and I am also an AZ resident and owner of a pair of '70 Dusters! I'm also a resident of Earth for 40 years now too! :)

Welcome Paul.

Sell that dirty Plymouth to some cashed up Californian and buy a Dodge....you know you want to :wink:

Thanks for the welcome, and a little bit more info on the Duster. A one owner car until my purchase, it was built in CA, and lived there for several years before moving to AZ. The owner was a racer, so the car was modified many times to suit his needs. The original 340 and 4 speed came with the car, but it currently has a crate 360/360. The car had zero rust or corrosion, and a decent interior. Unfortunately the owner passed away. The car was stored over 20 years. It was even on an episode of Tom Cotters Barn Finds. I purchased it a few weeks ago, and still need to wash it. Here's a couple of pictures.

IMG_20171213_115732032_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171203_095444268_HDR.jpg

Welcome to FABO Paul. Glad to have on the board.

Nice find...what do you mean by "rust free"? Never heard of that on the East Coast :D

Welcome from the Southbay. My car is also a California original. Cool car and very nice garage you got there off 89A. I see the sign. AZ native here (tucson). Post more photos we love that!

Welcome and I saw that car on the show you mentioned. I recognize the side stripe. Very cool. I' from Bisbee Az originally. What all needs to be done to that Duster? Great find and glad it is saved!

Thanks for all the positive comments, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the AZ crew, strength in numbers!
Now for the Dusters next chapter... I received many additional parts with the car, one item being a T/A block, heads, and intake with a clear Vin stamp. Through the Hamtramck registry the car and motor were reunited. The Duster was going to be cleaned up and driven as-is until an offer to purchase, and restore to showroom new was received. So off it goes to it's new home, and in the near future it will be 100%. The new owner has a B-5 blue roadrunner and cuda. The Duster will fit in nicely...
Now the search is on for it's replacement!

IMG_20180101_101220305_HDR.jpg

Welcome aboard from way to your east in Northeast Arkansas , jump on in and enjoy

-
Back