New guy from Central CT

-

tbr1806

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Well, I just picked up my first "project car":D. It's a 74' Duster with a slant 6 and a 3 speed manual transmission with the stick on the floor. I found it local to me and it was a California car up until about 2003-2004 when the 2nd owner had it brought over. It has been sitting in storage since.

I went to look at it Saturday and fell in love it has all the original parts and seems to be unmolested for the most part. I dropped a battery in it and even with (god knows how old) varnished gas it fired right up no problem. The best part is that is has almost NO rust, it does have some surface rust here and there but other than that this car is SOLID! It even still has the (faded) original rally red paint

The bad is:

Heat core is shot and leaked on the passenger side
Carpet needs replacement
front seat needs to be recovered
rear main seal and clutch
Motor mounts
Windshield wiper motor
Voltage regulator for the instrument cluster is shot
Body work/coat of primer

And the list keeps growing but like I said this is a project for me. Once I get the rear main seal and clutch taken care of,as well as getting the old gas out, I will be able to drive it in between working on it which is a huge plus.

Welcome
I seen that car for sale looks good. I say buff it out and fix whats need and have some fun.

Congrats!! I saw that rig on CL. Good luck with it! Where in CT are you located?

Congrats!! I saw that rig on CL. Good luck with it! Where in CT are you located?

Thanks, I'm very excited it was a little more than I was hoping to dish out for a project car but after seeing the condition of the body and frame it pretty much sold it self. I'm in Manchester.

would any of you ct guys be interested in joining a car club we started here in manchester? if so give me a call -- 860-977-1797 or shoot me an e-mail @ -- [email protected]. nice duster tbr1806

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 112
-
Back