new guy from new england

-

cj69

Reaction score
hi my name is chris i am building a 440 dart and have a rear axle question i have a b-body dana 60 and was wondering if anyone has had experience with fitting a b body rear in an a body stock leaf location and b body 11 inch drums ..will it fit ? thanks

The spring pads are about an inch difference (wider) on B-body cars but you can move them in and away you go! I think there`s a couple guys on here running B-body Danas in their A-body cars.

Welcome aboard. Like Longgone said, the perches are to wide to bolt into an A body, so you will need to cut them off and move them inward. I am sure others on this site that have done that swap before will give you better detailed info. Good luck with your build and post some pictures...we love that stuff.

Welcome! Good luck with the build and keep us posted on the progress with pics!!

A few weeks back there was a post from someone who had put a B-Body rear in a duster. He also relocated the springs inboard using the offset chacles and spring hangers to maximize the tire to spring clearance without going to extensive cutting and welding needed to mount the springs inline with the frame rails.

Post had good pcitures showing the results.

Bob

I remember reading a thread here where the fellow set the rear on the springs and then by removing and rewelding just one spring perch at a time, he used the other to keep the pinion angle correct.

taxachusetts......thanks guys looks like a great site ...im trying to put this dart together on the cheap useing parts that ive collected and held on to for years and have some fun with it and not worry too much about it

-
Back