new guy from North Carolina 63 or 64 dart GT

-

NaJoBeLe

Reaction score
Hello all looking forward to getting familliar with the site. little bit of background. First car bought was a 75 dart sport 225 slant six. drove it for about a year and a half through high school inadvertantly busted the oil pan and blew the motor and joined the Air Force so it is still sitting at my father-in-laws house in nw-alabama awaiting time to fix. Current project I pulled back from NW-alabama this past weekend is either a 63 or 64 dart GT 225 slant six. 4spd. the car was purchased for my mother by my grandfather but when she would not learn to drive a standard he took it back for himself(some say that was the plan all along) he passed away 2 years ago and the car was handed down to me. Just now getting a chance to bring it up here where I can start working on it. Last tagged in 91 but we had it running about a year ago. Definitley is going to need alot but will be nice when done. The reason I am saying either 63 or 64 is that I can't find a vin# anywhere. There is no plate on the dash or even rivet holes that I can find where it might have been attached. It does have a intact fender tag but not knowing the year for sure makes decoding kinda hard. Hope to post pictures soon and start asking for help. Sorry so long but wanted to let people know what I have and what I know about it.

Welcome..the VIN tag is located on the A-Pillar between the door hinges. Its a meal tag held on by two rivets. It's not a very long number. i don't remember off hand how its coded but there are alot of guys on here that can. Where'd you spend your time in the Air Force? I did my time and saw alot of the country and world.

Dave

I did happen across the tag you are refering and was curios but when I tried to enter it in the online decoders it acts like I might have some extra digits and there are no letters only numbers. Does that sound normal? As far as the Air Force goes we spent almost a year in texas between basic and tech school, then we went to Alaska for six years loved every minute of it and hope to go back, and now we are at Seymour Johnson in Goldsboro, NC. also spent three months in japan TDY but that is pretty much the extent of it.

hey the decoder seemed to work that time or maybe I figured out how to work it. It is a 64 GT slant 6 car. Now on to that fender tag.

Its a meal tag held on by two rivets.
Dave

Not to sound like a smarta.. But i thought that the holes are for rivets too. But, they are not. The tags are just glued on and the 2 holes are use by the factory to align the tag. I have had 3 64 models, 2 never repainted and none had rivets. I don't want to sound condascending cause I'm not meaning to. But if you plan to do a concourse rivets will be wrong.

Not to sound like a smarta.. But i thought that the holes are for rivets too. But, they are not. The tags are just glued on and the 2 holes are use by the factory to align the tag. I have had 3 64 models, 2 never repainted and none had rivets. I don't want to sound condascending cause I'm not meaning to. But if you plan to do a concourse rivets will be wrong.

Ok..I've now learned that there were no rivets to rot off as I had been previously told..a concourse restoration is definately not in my plans...but thank you for pointing that out to whomever may be going in that direction.

Dave

Welcome!! Its always nice to hear about a project that has that kind of family history!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Welcome NaJoBeLe :cheers:
Sounds like a very nice car and the 4 speed sure has me grinning.:-D
There are some great tec's and folks here ready to help you along.
This is one of the best of the best sites going so lets get started.
Glad to have you on board, So jump on in and enjoy.

thanks for the warm welcome thus far. hoping to have some pics loaded by the weekend.

Hello Neighbor!Im in mount olive,right down the road from g town,as we call it.Nice to finally see another mopar guy in wayne county.Im sure youve noticed already there arent too many around here.Come in the chat sometime.If you need any assistance with your car,let me know.

Welcome from NC also. I'm near Pope AFB. This site has some great people here with loads of smarts.

-
Back