new guy from Penna.

-

squadbay

Reaction score
I am brand new to this forum. I recently inherited a 73 Dodge Dart Sport 340 4 speed original car and am helping my son restore the body for now. Would appreaciate any leads or insight as to where you can obtain rear quarters etc. I look forward to many great discussions with any and all members. Thanks...

Welcome, and let me be the first to say POST PICTURES!!!! :salute:

DaveZee

Welcome aboard squadbay. It sounds like you have an excellent father and son project in the works. Do you require full rear quarters or just replacement panels for rusted out rear areas?

It appears at this time that we would only need the rear quarter patch panels that would take on a portion of the wheel well lip.

welcome squadbay from virginia! great car to fall into. hope you and your son enjoy the build as much as the car itself. good luck with it, and post some pictures!

Hi Squadbay, I also recently joined the board too, have a great time with your son. You might post a picture of the bad panel too.

Hello and welcome from about 75 miles north! Great father and son deal. I wish I spent more time restoring with my son instead of building racecars cause there all gone now, but it was a great way to spend time.

That's a nice looking Dart. Personally, I only replace metal that really needs replacing, leaving any original metal that's in good shape. Chances are that if you replace a full quarter, the side marker light holes either won't be in the quarter, or if they are they won't be exactly the same shape or in the exact same location as the originals. Good luck.

SWEET! looking ride. Will be aweseome when completed.

welcome aboard! look, learn, and contribute.

-RPM

hey squadbay that car is very nice! it is also pretty rare. you should get it registered by galin govier. it looks like yours has black interior. i saw this one that is very similiar at carlisle pa. this year. here is a pic of it. it is 1 of 20 like it with 340, 4 speed, and white interior.l...

FH000013.jpg

FH000014.jpg

-
Back