New guy from upstate NY

-
hello upstate guy i am also upstate looking for friends in the area and i am new to all this maybe we could get together some time.i am in Dutchess county, ps i just bought a 70 dart 360.

And I'm also right up the Northway just shy of Saratoga Springs. Sounds like we have enough (relatively) local for a party!

sorry did not reply sooner but welcome i am new also and new to hot rods looking for friends and all the help i can get. mybe we culd meet up sometime and have coffee.Just give me a shout.:coffee2:

And I'm also right up the Northway just shy of Saratoga Springs. Sounds like we have enough (relatively) local for a party!

I'm about 45 minutes from you. If I remember correctly you had your car at the times union show in Albany

Sounds like a great idea guys. I didn't realize there were so many of you guys around the area. Once it's warmer we all will have to plan a get together some place that's convenient for everyone. I'll do the best I can to be there.

sorry did not reply sooner but welcome i am new also and new to hot rods looking for friends and all the help i can get. mybe we culd meet up sometime and have coffee.Just give me a shout.:coffee2:

Sounds good. Hopefully spring time. I don't go out much during to winter. Good luck on the car and you will find a ton of help on here besides the guys (like us) that live around this area. I'll be happy to help you any way I can.

I'd be in for a get together as well. Number of fun car shows in the area too, some big, some small.

I'm about 45 minutes from you. If I remember correctly you had your car at the times union show in Albany

You might remember the car from there - but it wasn't mine at the time! I just picked it up on New Year Day. The previous owner did take it to shows though. Even came with a 2014 Adirondack Nationals sticker on the windshield! It's actually one of the reasons I bought the car. I knew the car from the area and knew it ran as the previous owner drove it around.

That's a really nice car with some very subtle mods that make it stand out to the perceptive eye.

Ok, since there's a lot of guys pretty close to where I live in Albany I have maybe a dumb question. Who are you guys using for a machine shop around the area? As long as it's possibly within 75 miles or so that would be great. Thinking of starting a new post and asking but figured I'd ask you guys first. Built dozens of engines back in the 70's but those machine shops are all gone. Built a 340 a few years back and didn't much care for the guy that did the machine work. Didn't want to hear anything I had to say or wanted done. It was basically his way or leave. Finally convinced him to do it my way cause I knew of no one else to do block worjk in the area. Who do you guys use??? Thanks.

Don't have a machine shop (yet). So please let me know if you find a good one too.

Ok, since there's a lot of guys pretty close to where I live in Albany I have maybe a dumb question. Who are you guys using for a machine shop around the area?

Don't have a machine shop (yet). So please let me know if you find a good one too.

Boyd Motorworks in Gloversville is the very best around. He still tunes my car for free every year despite having built it over a decade ago. He has done many Mopars and stands behind his product. He is a full service facility. Nothing is farmed out and he has a dyno as well.

http://boydsmotorworks.com/

Boyd Motorworks in Gloversville is the very best around. He still tunes my car for free every year despite having built it over a decade ago. He has done many Mopars and stands behind his product. He is a full service facility. Nothing is farmed out and he has a dyno as well.

Thank you roccodart440 !!! Exactly what I was looking for. Probably Steve69Fish also. Close by too. Awesome. Like I said I haven't built a serious engine since the 70's and all the trusted machine shops I knew back then are long gone. The last build the guy wanted things his way and not mine. Actually got a head back from him and asked about a helicoil in the exhaust if it was put in with sealer and he said no so I told him it would probably leak and his reply was you'll find out when you get it back together. IT DID!!! Believe it or not he came highly recommended as a Mopar builder. I knew someone would have a good place that does quality work. A dyno is a definite plus. Thank you again. I will probably be calling him today as I have a low deck 512 I want to start building and have done by late spring.

This is great. Thanks roccodart440. I don't think I'll be doing any engine internals or a swap until next year or the year after, but this definitely gives me what I need.

hello to all, just to fill in a bit i am completely new never owned a hot rod as such and the car i just bought was a California and Florida car so it would not have been seen around these parts as i bought it from a hot rod builder in Mi and i do need help my knowledge is limited as well as my area to do any work on the car, but i am up for the challenge.so feel free to give advise.:violent1:

-
Back