New Guy from Washington Pa

-

smi6983

Reaction score
Hello Shawn here I am restoring a 1966 barracuda formula S right now. The car was my father's and he passed the car down to me. When I was younger we would take the barracuda up to Carisle every year. The early barracuda was more like you either loved them or hate them. I don't see too many of the early barracuda anymore. My barracuda has the 273, A/T, and all original. The car has been sitting for 20 years now. So it's my turn to give her some TLC. I am planning to restore her back to the original factory condition.

Before-Front View.jpg

Before-Gauges.jpg

Before-Steering Wheel.jpg

Before-Cuda Emblem.jpg

Welcome fellow early A-body owner!! Nice car, sounds like it has a lot of sentimental value to you. That will look nice restored back to stock. Here is a picture of my dad's 1966 Barracuda Formula "S", also it is his very first car he ever owned. I also own a 1966 Valiant 340, as you can see, we love the 1966"s!! :-D

Picture 824.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Shawn,
You're not too far away from "cherry" now! If it is an unrestored original car, please don't restore it. Just fix what is broken as closely as possible to factory appearance and drive it.
NICE old car you have there.
Welcome to FABO!

George

Shawn,

Welcome to FABO. Great car.....V8 and console floor shift..... Very nice

I agree with what Tony Fields & George R said. Be careful with how much "restoring" you do with a nice original car like that.

Good luck to you with your project. Can't really put a price on sentimental value........

Thanks for the all the welcomes and I also agree on over doing a restoration project. I am just planning on under coating the under carriage and seat covers. I don't like trailer queens and my barracuda won't be one. Why have a car if your not going to have fun with it.

Welcome to the site Shawn, it`s great to see the next generation taking the torch and running with it. I have to agree with the earlier comments on keeping that car as a survivor.

WoW!! nice early A barracuda Shawn!!
Jump on in and enjoy this great site.
And keep us updated on that fine car.

-
Back