New guy here with a 72 Duster :)

-
The brakes look like 73 and up single pucks that the factory changed to along with the large bolt pattern for the wheels.
Ya all the parts I ordered that fit were for a 73. I just wondered exactly what mopowers did. Always cool to know the back story.

Oh wow that's awesome! I do have questions! Haha I think I got most figured out but I'm curious what year the disk brake swap is and what all got swapped. That's so cool that you found it on here haha. Are you still in the area?

Scody's right. Front brakes/upper control arms were off a '73+ A-body from Pick-n-Pull. If I remember correctly, the 8-3/4 rearend was out of a b-body, so it's a tad wider than the A-body version. You know this, but it's all large bolt pattern stuff.

Scody's right. Front brakes/upper control arms were off a '73+ A-body from Pick-n-Pull. If I remember correctly, the 8-3/4 rearend was out of a b-body, so it's a tad wider than the A-body version. You know this, but it's all large bolt pattern stuff.
Nice! Ya someone told me alot of guys swap the whole k member so I ordered pitman and idler arm for a 73. Wrong... Haha the 72 was custom order and twice as much of corse. It should be here today though.

Nice! Ya someone told me alot of guys swap the whole k member so I ordered pitman and idler arm for a 73. Wrong... Haha the 72 was custom order and twice as much of corse. It should be here today though.

Yeah, all of the steering is still stock 72 stuff, including the k-member. You can tell quickly by the biscuit style motor mounts. You're figuring all this out though. I'll reply to your PM with more info. Congrats on the car btw. It's a really solid Duster - just needed some attention. It was disappointing to see how much it deteriorated since I sold it.

Yeah, all of the steering is still stock 72 stuff, including the k-member. You can tell quickly by the biscuit style motor mounts. You're figuring all this out though. I'll reply to your PM with more info. Congrats on the car btw. It's a really solid Duster - just needed some attention. It was disappointing to see how much it deteriorated since I sold it.
I'll take good care of her.

Welcome neighbor and fellow Luv owner ;)
I spent a LOT of time dreaming up A-body combos back in the day so let me know when you want to start going fast. Oh and get a pinion snubber. No slapper bars! Ha ha.

-
Back